S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th May to Friday 19th May 2017

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 13 May 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - La Savonniere Du Moulin (with donkey milk)
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #16
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' Aloe Vera Alcohol Free Toner / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Last edited:
13th May 2017.​
1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Erasmic Soap Bowl.

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux .(0)

Razor: Parker 22R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins metholated Bay Rum A/S.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..it's also the maiden shave & welcome return, of a recently gifted to me Parker 22R, paired up with the Rapira Platinum Lux, resulted in a 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..

I find that all the russian blades pair up really well with my DE razors, the Rapira Platinum Lux..is becoming one of my favourites.

Finishing the shave off with some generous squirts of Benjamins Mentholated bay rum + my new post shave wonder, Aloe Vera Gel, of which i highly recommend...My face is feeling super smooth & smelling very aromatic .;)

I'm ready for what the start of the weekend has to offer....Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpg SOTD 13th May

Pre....Shower / BBA Shave oil
Razor....Kropp 6/8th's
Soap....OSP Peppermint & Rosemary
Brush....BSSW Gonzo
Post....Thayers lavender
A/S....Fine Platinum

A slow relaxing and very enjoyable shave on this fine Saturday morning, the Kropp was well behaved and was left smooth and with a sense of satisfaction, finnished off with a healthy splash of Fine Platinum.....refreshing.

I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you may be doing....:)

Last edited:
Worst shave ever today. I used a new Astra and it just did not look quite right with some discolouring on one side. I should have know better than to use it as it suggested a warp or twist in the metal. The result was a butcher of a blade that cut me to ribbons. Lesson rather painfully learnt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom