S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th March to Friday 17th March 2017

SOTD_20170311.png

• Straight Razor: Filarmonica - 13 Doble Temple
  • Shaving Brush: J&T - ChrisVM (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Balm

SOTD: 11th March 2017.
A.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Erasmic Shave Stick.

Blade: Sputnik. (new)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./English Leather A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm.

Greetings,
A new shave set up to start the weekend, today was the maiden shave with the Erasmic shave stick..the verdict?..totally rubbish, i really struggled and had to reapply the stick inbetween each pass ,and then the lather was dissipating, maybe i've got a dud stick, because normally with the Erasmic Shaving bowl & cream i have superb results, maybe they have changed the ingredients?..who knows?..today the performance was a pile of shite!!..sorry,for the strong words!:mad:, anyway i finally had a reasonable 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report, but for the shave stick,?.. it's now in the bin, the first and hopefully the last i will throw away.
On a good note my Merkur 37C/SputniK duo worked sublimely.Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
How is the razor Paul? Nice photo too.
Oh I'm sorry Wayne, I forgot to let you know how I was getting on with it..... It's a cracking razor and has given me a few fine shaves. I always get a kick out of shaving with it being gold plated, the height of decadence. Proper bling!
It's definitely a keeper, thankyou :)

Last edited:
Saturday 11th March
Virginia Sheng Purtech
Tabac
Gillette HD Rocket
Voskhod TC #3
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
lwKL9nr.jpg

Ages since I've used this razor. I don't know why I've ignored it for so long, the great shave it and the Voskhod gave me means it won't be long before it's turn come round sooner than later.

Good weekend to all !!!!

Back
Top Bottom