This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockwell 6C

Discussion in 'DE Razors' started by Gareth1982, Saturday May 13, 2017.

1. Any of you guys in the UK received yours yet?

Seems like forever since pledging last year!

Bizzyberry likes this.
  2. wooky114

wooky114

I only jumped on the band wagon at the beginning of March but still patiently waiting.

3. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry

I contacted Rockwell/Indiegogo yesterday as the last update email I had said "No matter where you are in the world, if you haven’t received a tracking number by May 14th, please do let me know and we’ll look into it right away." I got two emails back within a few hours both with a tracking number. It looks like my razor was dispatched 12th May so it is on it way at least.

patw and Blademonkey like this.
  4. Yes, I had assumed mine was well on the way, but got an email yesterday with tracking details and seems it was sent on Thursday. Guess I will see it some time next week, customs permitting.

Looking forward to giving it a go!

Bizzyberry and wooky114 like this.
  5. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry

Hopefully they won't be delayed too much, I am hoping that the EU Friendly delivery should help, but then maybe not. It states on their website the info below. So it looks like they ship them to somewhere in the EU and then send them out from there to other EU destinations. At least that is my interpretation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shipping fees will only be charged closer to ship date.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Monday May 15, 2017
  6. Not sure as when I tracked my via the DHL link, it had my address as the final destination. I'd have thought they'd have to ship in bulk to the EU, then distribute individually from there for us to avoid customs charges.

Unless they've decided we're not classed as in the EU already!

Jel999 and Bizzyberry like this.
  7. DamianJ

DamianJ

Got an email with the tracking details today. Hopefully not long until it arrives.

8. Jel999

Jel999

I emailed them 3 days ago asking where my "reward" was, the one I was originally supposed to receive in march. They thanked me for "reaching out" and said they'd get back to me with my tracking number within 48 hours. Needless to say, they haven't bothered.

9. Sorry to bud in, but how is the 6C different to the 6S? I have and loooove the 6S and I don't see how the 6C would be an improvement.

MrK1 likes this.
  10. Batch300

Batch300

The improvement is on the credit card - approx. 50% of the 6s cost. Some finish options also.

11. Tempted to buy it also.

Batch300 likes this.
  12. Jel999

Jel999

The 6S is Stainless.

13. Jel999

Jel999

Finally received tracking details & mine's also being sent direct from the U.S. to my home address. I hope there will be no unexpected charges as Bizzyberry has already pointed out that it is supposed to be EU friendly. Their Email also states that it will be delivered by normal post and yet there is a DHL tracking number. Not confused much !!!

Bizzyberry likes this.
  14. The 6C is chrome-plated pot metal.

15. So instead of buying a new 6C it's worth getting a used 6S for a little more and get SS that will last a few lifetimes.

16. Where's the cheapest place to get a 6s currently? - I'm in the UK

17. wooky114

wooky114

£89 either from The English Shaving Co or Shave Lounge in case you've a supplier preference.

Bizzyberry likes this.
  18. Yes, it will be a bit cheeky to have to pay duty/charges on it too, having said they won't be charging it.

Maybe they're picking up the charges and have only shipped with DHL as they were shipped later than expected.

Don't have a problem with waiting, it will turn up when it turns up, just don't want to pay out any extra.

Bizzyberry and Jel999 like this.
  19. wooky114

wooky114

Still awaiting tracking details for mine, so just fired 'em an email asking them to confirm if it's been shipped yet?

Bizzyberry likes this.