Rockwell 6C Tarnish

Hi, I have had a Rockwell 6C in gunmetal for about two months. I have noticed a tarnishing on the razor's cap that has appeared. It is a tiny area, perhaps 4mm square. So far, the surface finish other than the look is unchanged, so it is still smooth to the touch.
I really like the razor but I am really quite disappointed. If after 2-months the razor has tarnished, will it lead on to corrosion that will affect performance?
Do folks think that the tarnishing is reasonable on a razor with so little use. I am minded to send it back for repair (replacement).
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 09.35.35.png

Hi, I have had a Rockwell 6C in gunmetal for about two months. I have noticed a tarnishing on the razor's cap that has appeared. It is a tiny area, perhaps 4mm square. So far, the surface finish other than the look is unchanged, so it is still smooth to the touch.
I really like the razor but I am really quite disappointed. If after 2-months the razor has tarnished, will it lead on to corrosion that will affect performance?
Do folks think that the tarnishing is reasonable on a razor with so little use. I am minded to send it back for repair (replacement).
View attachment 34585
Send it back, I'm not sure if this is a common thing with this finnish or not but I would be thinking about the chrome finnish as the replacement if at all possible although I suspect you will just get a replacement top cap.
If it happens again with the new cap ask for a chrome razor to replace yours. P.

Back
Top Bottom