Ridged shaving bowl?

Does anyone know where I can get a ridged shaving bowl? I know you can get scuttles, but I don't really want to cough up £40.
At the moment I am using a soup bowl, and have put an epoxy glue rings round the inside. That doesn't really seem to be enough as it's not really rough enough.
I have got some small beads which I did use ad they worked perfectly. I took them out a couple of days ago as I am concerned that they'll damage over time the bristles of the brush. Or am I wrong in that thinking. This what the bowl did look like.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 120
Steve woodhead ceramics. Some bargains to be had at the minute. Think £15.

He's also got 2 scuttles going for £20. I have one of the discounted scuttles, the pitting he mentions just adds to the character of the bowl, imho.

Dave Q said:
Does anyone know where I can get a ridged shaving bowl? I know you can get scuttles, but I don't really want to cough up £40.
At the moment I am using a soup bowl, and have put an epoxy glue rings round the inside. That doesn't really seem to be enough as it's not really rough enough.
I have got some small beads which I did use ad they worked perfectly. I took them out a couple of days ago as I am concerned that they'll damage over time the bristles of the brush. Or am I wrong in that thinking. This what the bowl did look like.

Here http://www.gallantandklein.co.uk/shaving-bowl-simple-blue/

Thank you guys. Having read posts on other forums via Google. It would seem Suribachi bowls whip lathers up super easily. So I think it will be one of those, unfortunately Steve Woodhead is out of stock.

Photo off Amazon of the one I use...~13$ US.[attachment=12027]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413586171.700987.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413586171.700987.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 95
axelk said:
Dave Q said:

Here http://www.gallantandklein.co.uk/shaving-bowl-simple-blue/

I've used the Gallant & Klein shaving bowl for some time and it works extremely well, although it might be on the large side for someone with smaller hands. Priced very competitively and good choice of colours.

I recently also bought a handmade 'tapas' style bowl from a Spanish grocery shop and it has raised designs (multi-coloured dots, swirls, etc.) on the inside that make whipping up lather very easy. Was around £5. Looks a bit like this one (but not as large as in the picture!)

L_18155_2014-09-21_11.03.47.jpg

I've ordered the Suribachi bowl from Amazon. Though it says 7-23 days for delivery!! Can't wait to try that out with my Plisson and a good soap.

Dave Q said:
...At the moment I am using a soup bowl, and have put an epoxy glue rings round the inside. That doesn't really seem to be enough as it's not really rough enough.
I have got some small beads which I did use ad they worked perfectly...

Don't take this personally Dave, and I'm not the most talented DIYer myself, but that epoxied soup bowl with the beads you did has got to be the ugliest shaving bowl I've ever seen.
Hope the Suribachi bowl will serve you well. Let us know how it performs when you get it.

I am using bowls from www.schwarzweisskeramik.de . They are fantastic and I would highly recommend them. Also, the dealing is excellent. Have a look.

Back
Top Bottom