Review - RazoRock Hawk SE Razor

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
RazoRock 'Hawk' - Single Edge Razor. It is a razor, compatible with Artist Club style blades, that shaves whatever you wish it to shave.

USAGE AND DESCRIPTION:
OK, so let me give you a little insight into my SE 'journey'. A few years back I was very kindly loaned a Mongoose B3, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so waited until the time was right for me to launch into the SE market under my own steam. I had planned to purchase a Mongoose myself, but fate meant that funds were not available. It suddenly lurched toward my birthday, and the good lady wife was asking what I'd like, so I explained. She had a given amount to spend and had already purchased something, leaving X amount left. This happened to be able to accommodate a RazoRock Hawk and some blades, sooo...

It arrived from Shaving Station! Now given the price point of the razor, and some disclaimers from RazoRock to not expect perfection, I opened the razor with a small amount of trepidation. However, this was to be unfounded. The first thing I noticed was just how light the razor is (weighed in at 67g loaded). Barring a tiny amount of swarf on the thread and a minor imperfection in the knurling on the handle, there is no fault to be found. The fit of the components is spot on. The satin finish is nice, a pleasant difference than I'm used to seeing.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
So, I've been using the Hawk uninterrupted for 10 shaves now, and can say this. It gives me the smoothest in-shave experience, in the quickest time. It isn't however the closest shave (measured in how soon the stubble re-appears). It is a crazy light weight razor, something I thought I'd struggle with at first, but I've stuck with the stock handle for testing, and found it to be quite agreeable. When paired with the Feather Pro, it's a great combination. I am however curious to see how a Feather Pro Super would work in the Hawk, to give it a little more bite and turn it into a proper bird of prey.

In short, it's worth every single penny of the cost.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

20170613_063803-01.jpeg

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
RazoRock 'Hawk' - Single Edge Razor. It is a razor, compatible with Artist Club style blades, that shaves whatever you wish it to shave.

USAGE AND DESCRIPTION:
OK, so let me give you a little insight into my SE 'journey'. A few years back I was very kindly loaned a Mongoose B3, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so waited until the time was right for me to launch into the SE market under my own steam. I had planned to purchase a Mongoose myself, but fate meant that funds were not available. It suddenly lurched toward my birthday, and the good lady wife was asking what I'd like, so I explained. She had a given amount to spend and had already purchased something, leaving X amount left. This happened to be able to accommodate a RazoRock Hawk and some blades, sooo...

It arrived from Shaving Station! Now given the price point of the razor, and some disclaimers from RazoRock to not expect perfection, I opened the razor with a small amount of trepidation. However, this was to be unfounded. The first thing I noticed was just how light the razor is (weighed in at 67g loaded). Barring a tiny amount of swarf on the thread and a minor imperfection in the knurling on the handle, there is no fault to be found. The fit of the components is spot on. The satin finish is nice, a pleasant difference than I'm used to seeing.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
So, I've been using the Hawk uninterrupted for 10 shaves now, and can say this. It gives me the smoothest in-shave experience, in the quickest time. It isn't however the closest shave (measured in how soon the stubble re-appears). It is a crazy light weight razor, something I thought I'd struggle with at first, but I've stuck with the stock handle for testing, and found it to be quite agreeable. When paired with the Feather Pro, it's a great combination. I am however curious to see how a Feather Pro Super would work in the Hawk, to give it a little more bite and turn it into a proper bird of prey.

In short, it's worth every single penny of the cost.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

20170613_063803-01.jpeg
Nice review. ....Thanks! That razor i on my 'want to buy'list.......but I don't seem to be find anywhere in the UK which has one in stock:-(

Hi folks, our order is in with Joe but they are awaiting some of the Plissoft brushes coming back in to stock before dispatching. Latest update yesterday was another 2 weeks before shipping, so maybe three weeks before in stock.

Hope that helps?

Firstly, I need to thank TSR and this thread for drawing this one to my attention. It had slipped under my radar screen.

Couldn't resist trying it. Ordered from Shaving Station and it arrived promptly and well packaged. And discounted!

It is a lovely razor, small and somewhat delicate. I particularly like the way the blade is held in place. It isn't going to move or slip in this puppy.

As I picked it up having loaded a Captain Titan I was struck by how light it is. I have several other aluminium razors but this one is, I think, by far the lightest razor in my inventory. As I moved it to my face I had to hold back on putting pressure on it to compensate. Actually several times during the shave I had to ease up.

Superb shave. It gets to all the nooks and crannies, having a very slim head. I have to say, I had very little in the way of expectations for this one but it blew me away. It will have to face off against my other AC's but right now I am very pleased with it. It represents fantastic value for money as well.

Strongly recommended.

I have both the V1 and V2 of the RazoRock aluminum Hawk and both have been fantastic, almost as pleasant to use as GEMs. In fact I liked the V1 version so much I bought a spare just to have incase...

I have it, and use it with the FeatherPro blades.

It's one of the most stylish razors I own, but not one of the best. It's ridiculously light and I would prefer a bit more heft to the handle. The shaves are smooth and comfortable, but I find the blade length a bit too long to manoeuvre as I would like. The shave is not especially close and I'm noticing stubble re-growing earlier than with my Schick injector, for instance.

In fairness, I haven't used the razor a great deal so some of these issues could be down to my technique.

The Feather blades are pricey as well, so my current thinking is that this is a razor that looks better than it peforms.

It's an easy and quite forgiving razor.

I agree on not being the closest, then again I've been using the r41 every day for 6 months+ so has a lot to live up to.

I like it, nice to whip around a shave and no there will be no blood

Back
Top Bottom