WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?

BBA Finishing Pomade - a styling product for your barnet.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:

BBA Finishing Pomade is easy to apply. Take a small amount and apply to your lightly dampened hair and style, or apply to styled hair gently to provide hold.

SCENT:
The scent of Finishing Pomade is similar to the Shave Cream in that it has a light cologne type scent to my nose. Very pleasant indeed. It doesn't linger for long mind like some pomades. No biggie though.

PERFORMANCE:
As a keen greaser, I was excited to hear that this pomade has a strong hold, without the greasy feel. My cut is a variation on a scumbag boogie (think slightly scruffy side parted pompadour, shaved back and sides), so I demand a good hold at most costs.

From the first use, I found the hold to be superb. It held up to the rigours of the ever changing British weather (think all four seasons in one day), it survived a 10k run without failing, and even a blast down the motorway in my convertible with the roof down. I cannot knock the hold at all!

One key point that BBA make regarding their Finishing Pomade is the lack of a greasy feel. This suggests the product is a water base, and it is indeed. This means that it is easy to wash out, and doesn't leave your combs or brushes coated. A plus point in its favour for sure.

There is also a reasonable amount of shine on offer too. It's a constant fight for compromise with traditional oil based pomades, you always have to sacrifice hold for shine and vice versa. You get a very good balance with the BBA Finishing Pomade.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
I had high hopes for this product when I read the literature, so was extremely keen to sample it. Emma kindly sent a pot to try, and I am beyond grateful that she did, as there is finally a product that strikes a good balance of shine and hold. The pomade retails at £15 for 100ml, which is comparable to other leading pomades of a similar ilk. It leaves your hair looking and feeling good at a sensible price point, what more do you need from a pomade? I think I'm pushing my luck by asking for it to make me a cup of tea!

580e17bfbbc10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom