Read this if you have a Krona

There is not much that thrill me now days about DE (and I keep away from other bunny holes)

Ever since acquiring the S. Krona last year it became my daily driver moving my beloved 37c to the depth of the razors box.

Something about the overall design of this razor and how smooth it shaves pushed me to try as many blades types that I have lurking around.

After 15 different types I settled on one of those Russians blades the Gillette Silver Blue in first place with the Astra Stainless close behind.

This combo just works so well in this razor and I was about to put an order for another 50 blades from Gemstone but then..

Long time ago someone here gifted me a selection of Pakistani blades made by Treet.

All of the Stainless and Platinum types passed to me were not bad in either the Krona or other razors. These were Trig, Platinum and Stainless.

I also had some of the carbon steel blades in this pack, mostly the Black ones, Classic and Dura Sharp. In the couple of razors I tried these ie 37c and a Fatip these were absolutely atrocious, anything from tugging to pulling to scraping.

The carbon blades went back in the drawer and never to be seen again near my face.

One day this week I decided to drop one of the Classic carbon blades in the Krona and wow! simply wow!. On a bed of Ingram the blade cut like any Russian made blade but smoothness is in a different league all together. I always chuckled at those describing blades as 'not being there', now I must admit in shame this is real! (at least in a Krona).

So if you have a Krona do yourself a big favour and treat it to a carbon steel Treet blade, Thank me later.

A pack of 50 dully ordered off the bay.

There is not much that thrill me now days about DE (and I keep away from other bunny holes)

Ever since acquiring the S. Krona last year it became my daily driver moving my beloved 37c to the depth of the razors box.

Something about the overall design of this razor and how smooth it shaves pushed me to try as many blades types that I have lurking around.

After 15 different types I settled on one of those Russians blades the Gillette Silver Blue in first place with the Astra Stainless close behind.

This combo just works so well in this razor and I was about to put an order for another 50 blades from Gemstone but then..

Long time ago someone here gifted me a selection of Pakistani blades made by Treet.

All of the Stainless and Platinum types passed to me were not bad in either the Krona or other razors. These were Trig, Platinum and Stainless.

I also had some of the carbon steel blades in this pack, mostly the Black ones, Classic and Dura Sharp. In the couple of razors I tried these ie 37c and a Fatip these were absolutely atrocious, anything from tugging to pulling to scraping.

The carbon blades went back in the drawer and never to be seen again near my face.

One day this week I decided to drop one of the Classic carbon blades in the Krona and wow! simply wow!. On a bed of Ingram the blade cut like any Russian made blade but smoothness is in a different league all together. I always chuckled at those describing blades as 'not being there', now I must admit in shame this is real! (at least in a Krona).

So if you have a Krona do yourself a big favour and treat it to a carbon steel Treet blade, Thank me later.

A pack of 50 dully ordered off the bay.
Interesting to see how many shaves you get. Love the Krona

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, I have used those carbons in the Krona and they are as you say, super smooth. Another "sleeper" for the Krona is the Israeli Crystal blade. In a Tech they are a tad rough, but as the Tech bends the blade the Krona does not, relying on the silo bevels. For whatever reason this particular blade works great in it as well.

I don't think I ever came across the Crystal, never saw them in the UK or in Israel.

Would these be the same as other coated blades from the Nazarat factory?

I have samples of Tesco, Boots, Personna Plats, Tommy, Qball, Edison and Viking Sword

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't think I ever came across the Crystal, never saw them in the UK or in Israel.

Would these be the same as other coated blades from the Nazarat factory?

I have samples of Tesco, Boots, Personna Plats, Tommy, Qball, Edison and Viking Sword

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Crystals are more commonly known as the Israeli Personna blues. I think they are marketed in some countries as Crystal, although I have also got these blades in a small box of 100.

The Personna Plats are the Israeli Personna reds.

Link with pictures

BTW, I love the Krona too. Fantastic shaver, if you don't have one keep an eye out for a good example.

+ 1 for Krona. I have the metal and plastic knob versions, and find that both shave equally well with almost any good blade. I can't say I recall trying them with Treets, but think I have some of those in the blade store, so I'll hunt them out and have a go.

I'm really looking forward to my Krona arriving from the States. Thanks for recommending it, @Shemen Zait

The Schick Krona was the first vintage DE razor I bought some years back out of an antique store. I was green as grass as regards using a DE, however I cleaned it up and loaded up a new Israeli Personna blade after lathering up with the first soap I ever bought, Cella. To say I was astounded by the smooth strokes is understatement. I was simply mesmerized as shaving never went like this before!! The die was cast and the hook set deep. :oops: ;)

Interesting to see how many shaves you get. Love the Krona

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
After a week of using the Treet Classic in the Krona I get two good shave, the third is OK so tossing the blade at number three is ideal for my face. I only do north to south pass followed by XTG pass.

Yes, I have used those carbons in the Krona and they are as you say, super smooth. Another "sleeper" for the Krona is the Israeli Crystal blade. In a Tech they are a tad rough, but as the Tech bends the blade the Krona does not, relying on the silo bevels. For whatever reason this particular blade works great in it as well.
I tried the Qball blade which is identical to the Personna Crystal and yes very smooth from the second shave, the first shave is a bit tuggy for me. Not smooth as the Treet but nice nevertheless.

Last edited:
No, the Q-Ball is the same as the Israeli Red Personna which is not the same as the Crystal.

This article gives answers about the Israeli blades, but not the Crystal:

http://sharpologist.com/2016/12/wet-shaving-tourism-israel.html
Oh I thought they are the same as the link to Connaught took me to Super+Platinum blades, when cracking open a
Qball branded tack the blades inside are identical to the pic from Connaught including the wrapper.

Oh I thought they are the same as the link to Connaught took me to Super+Platinum blades, when cracking open a
Qball branded tack the blades inside are identical to the pic from Connaught including the wrapper.

Actually Shemen, it used to be that was believed to true. However, since Personna has been sold once and spun off another time in the past few years who the Hell knows nowadays(?). :eek:

Venture down the rabbit hole if you dare:

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-official-guide-to-israeli-made-de-blades.51858/

Back
Top Bottom