Razorock XXX

Fan of Razorock soaps. Great performance and price
Only one I wasn't fond of, not as much with performance and more with scent was the Stallion.
Light Pasty sweet dough bread smell.

️XXX gets great reviews in the shaving community but what is the scent like.
Someone once said it was akin to sweet dough bread so maybe similar to the Stallion.
Thoughts anyone ?

I'm useless at describing scents.. but I have it here and it is very light, a tiny bit sweet, and I wouldn't disagree about there being a very slight doughy-ness to it.

Personally, it never excited me. Fresh and light, certainly not offensive, but nothing to write home about either.

It also has something that reminds me of a toned down version of a hand-soap I used to use, commonly available in the supermarket back in the day. Can see it, but can't for the life of me get the name off the top of my tongue.

I think Razorock XXX is fantastic. I love the marzipan (almond) scent as well as its performance.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29816&pid=410402#pid410402

I pretty much have to agree with JB74.

Performance wise a very good soap but scent wise nothing special - i get a sweet barbershop type smell (emphasis on the sweet) but in my opinion slightly understated, the smell is there when you first lather but disappears fairly quickly. I can not smell it post shave.

I think there are better soaps in the market place which pack more of smell punch.

I think it gets its reputation from the first UFO bowl style batch. The scent was nice and strong and it was an amazing performer.

The new XXX is a great performer but not as strongly scented and I think the smell of the soap base come through giving that bready scent.

It's ever so slightly in the back ground on my tub. My original tub smelled exactly like AdP, it was very strongly scented though and gave me a little tingle by the end of the shave. No such thing with this new one.

Dipesh said:
I think it gets its reputation from the first UFO bowl style batch. The scent was nice and strong and it was an amazing performer.

Like this one Dipesh? I've got about 35% remaining.:icon_sad: They never make them as good as they use to.

8EDAD6BC-8ACF-4E7B-87C2-C84D85F351D5_zpshijmhiie.jpg

Dobbo25 said:
Dipesh said:

Like this one Dipesh? I've got about 35% remaining.:icon_sad: They never make them as good as they use to.

8EDAD6BC-8ACF-4E7B-87C2-C84D85F351D5_zpshijmhiie.jpg

That's the one Pete.

Hope your keeping well mate.

I recently bought a tub of the latest version of XXX and quite frankly it's one of the best I have ever used. Fantastic stuff!! The scent is light and that's OK with me as I mainly don't buy shaving soaps for scent any more than I buy toilet paper for its color. I have AS & EdT for scent. I bought the tub for basically four reasons:

1. never used any of their soaps before

2. it is one of their few that has tallow

3. it's "made in Italy by Biochimica S.p.A., the distributor of the legendary P.160 and actual manufacturer of Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere..." http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/208794-RazoRock-XXX

4. mostly rave reviews.

Well, it's a tad over a year later and I have used well over 1/2 of the tub in my rotation and if anything extended usage has only solidified my first thoughts on how damn good this is. Of course, it's made by the same fella that made P.160 in Italy so you know it had to be good. It's a thirsty soap, but my what a lather!! Cushion & slickness are fantastic!! At this level it's an impossible feat to find a better performing shave soap and a mere handful can equal it in performance.

Back
Top Bottom