Proraso Aftershave

Hi, is the Proraso aftershave meant to be a light scent?

Didn't really pick up any menthol notes from it
Used it for the 1st time this morning and I'm not really getting any scent from it.

Felt light and soothing when applied, but I was expecting bit more of a menthol kick.

It is quite light. Step out in a cold breeze and you will feel the menthol but it isnt a huge kick. For that you want some alcolado glacial. There was a stirling aftershave passaround which for me was similar to tear gas.

Stu_R said:
Hi, is the Proraso aftershave meant to be a light scent?

Didn't really pick up any menthol notes from it
Used it for the 1st time this morning and I'm not really getting any scent from it.

Felt light and soothing when applied, but I was expecting bit more of a menthol kick.

Are you referring to the splash or one of the aftershave balms/creams?

The splash has quite a big menthol hit, but you can't really smell the menthol.

Ian

fly3k said:
It is quite light. Step out in a cold breeze and you will feel the menthol but it isnt a huge kick. For that you want some alcolado glacial. There was a stirling aftershave passaround which for me was similar to tear gas.

I have the aforementioned Stirling aftershave pass around, it fizzled out being a pass around. With good reason, tear gas is an understatement! I could not wash it off quick enough, in fact it hurt!

I but only recently tried this as a friend bought the industrial size bottle and gifted me his smaller bottle with a few "doses" left in it. But for one issue, this is a superb product. That issue is that of short scent duration. Due to that I have only used it on days off. One day I may buy a new small bottle of it as it is a great product despite my usual preference for strong & long lasting aftershaves, e.g., Aramis.

I've found the scent to last for a couple of hours easy
It certainly is good at it's intended purpose
It's my favourite aftershave due to its performance
I wouldn't mind trying the Sandalwood one too

I found the Proraso green splash to have a decent scent strength that I could only describe as being what most would call a barbershop type scent as I cannot pick out any notes in particular. The scent is very close to the toner my barber applies after a fresh haircut and shave. Clean with a nice cooling effect , I have been without a bottle for years and I have been meaning to pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom