Pricing items?

I'm looking to thin out a little bit...and reduce my hoard of shaving goodies (see what I did there? Damn winter 'coat'...).

Issue is, I don't know what is deemed a reasonable price as the price does tend to sit firmly with the buyer (one man's rubbish is another man's gold etc). I think it's going to be easier for soaps, but I have a couple of razors which aren't being used as I'm favouring others, but am unsure as to how much they should sell for. I can estimate quite closely how much they owe me, but that's a different matter entirely.

If anyone could help me price the following, I'd be exceptionally appreciative;

Tabac stick - unused,
Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate cream (tub) - unused with box,
Williams shave cream - unused by me, barely any gone,
Williams mentholated shave cream - used circa 5 times by me, still approx 90% left,
Nivea shave cream (tube) - unused by me, will check level later but probably 90% left,
Nivea sensitive shave cream (tube) - unused by me, will check level later but probably 90% left,
Body shop synthetic brush - used <10x by me,
Razorock xXx soap - >80%, used once by me,
Razorock The Stallion soap - >80%, unused by me,
Fine Santal Absolut soap - assumed 90%, used once by me,
Myrsol Blue soap - used a fair amount due to user error initially, probably 50% left,
Nanny's Silly Soap Sandalwood - unused by me, assumed nearly full >98%,

USSR 'Vostok' 1/2-hollow, 1980's SR. Approximately 5/8. Honed by FergieBilly, will strop within an inch of it's life prior to sale as slightly dull at it's heel. Exceptionally clean razor, as below;

DSC_0082_01_zpsxspl7blw.jpg

Thiers Arminius ~1/3 hollow SR. Unknown date. 'Pour barbe dure', 6/8. It's a lovely razor and exceptionally clean, honed by FergieBilly. I've had some good shaves with it but it doesn't suit me for whatever reason so I'm not using it as often as I would like. Razor was assumed NOS prior to my purchase from FergieBilly, as below;

IMG_4156_zpsmk2r2hbj.jpg

I'll check later if there's anything I've missed out. Let me know if this is actually better suited in the BST thread as I'm open to offers for all. I have ideas about the cost of the razors but will have to work it out more thoroughly. I will, of course, look to buy some barbicide and disinfect prior to sale, or ensure that the buyer has barbicide of their own.

Thanks in advance chaps!

The problem with soaps, creams etc is they are relatively low value but the weight is considerable. Buy the time I factor in driving to the Post Office, postage costs etc it's simply not worth the hassell. I would either offer the FOC to a newbie if they cover postage or bin them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My rule of thumb is about 30%-50% off or an acceptable price that I would pay myself plus postage (£3). For Royal Mail as long as you're under 1kg it's £3.40 to post, above that and recorded etc you get higher fees. All to take into account. I did balls up when I sold my Rockwell and posted it, I didn't price accordingly for Special Delivery so nearly fainted when I got the bill.

Posted Denali by the way.

The problem with soaps, creams etc is they are relatively low value but the weight is considerable. Buy the time I factor in driving to the Post Office, postage costs etc it's simply not worth the hassell. I would either offer the FOC to a newbie if they cover postage or bin them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Looks like a good plan for the consumables.
BST was the best forum for this thread.

What is it worth? It is worth what the buyer is willing to pay but if you price your items and add...will take offers within reason I don't think you can go to far wrong. :) good luck with your clear out.

Thanks guys! I'll have a think about doing them in lots rather than individually and try and sell them as such. I do get that it is more suited to BST but it would be my first time selling on the forum so thought it would be worthwhile checking! Every day is a school day after all. I think the idea of some cost above postage which would be covered is the best way to approach as people can see what they're buying and how it stacks up to a new item.

Thanks again all! :)

Back
Top Bottom