Post shave order

Shaving Connoisseurs,

I am indulging in some post shave products, but curious, is there a particular order when using (I hope this makes sense):

Toners (like Thayers)
Balms (like Nivea)
Aftershaves (like aftershaves :) )

Advice, as always, would be much appreciated. If it's just personally preference, then what order do you use.

Cheers,

Brian

Post shave for me is a wipe off either with a wet flannel or splash of water, then witch hazel, balm (optional) and an aftershave or fragrance.

I have gotten into arguments elsewhere about the use of edt, edp etc after shaving but my motto is use what works for you, there are no rules to follow and shaving is very personal to your own preferences.

For me I find my with hazel is my version of aftershave especially if it contains alcohol. I do have an alum block but I don't feel the need to use it.

My post shave routine is

Warm water
Cold water
Alum block/Thayers witch hazel/Lucky Tiger facial toner
Post shave balm
Aftershave/Cologne/EDT

For me:

• Shave
  • Warm water rinse (will skip if no alum to be used)
  • Alum (optional)
  • Cold water rinse (gets rid of alum residue and any soap residue missed on the warm rinse)
  • Dry with towel
  • Witch Hazel (leave to dry)
  • After Shave (Balm or lotion, if using both lotion before balm)
  • Moisturiser (optional)
  • EDT (optional, if used apply to wrists, chest and possibly neck)
  • Realise I am running late as I just spent too long on my post shave routine.............

For Me:
1.warm wet flannel to my face.
2. 3 passes + pick ups Shave.
3. Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
4.Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. ( Summer mixture)(i use a lavender oil/Witch hazel mixture for the winter months.
5.Aftershave/Cologne/EDT /Balm or moisturiser.
6.Occasionally if i use a EDT i add the Balm or moisturiser first, then finish off with the EDT.
7.Silky smooth shave,and smelling devine.;)

Back
Top Bottom