Poll: How many blades in active rotation?

How many different blades do you have in active rotation?

• Total voters
I have a large box with blades. I'd say 40% Rapira Platinum Lux, 40% several "Made in Israel" blades, 10% Feather blades, and 10% others. The others range from Treets to vintage Wilkinson Swords.

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

I use Feather blades and (that's) it. I only use them when I'm in a rush otherwise it's a straight shave.

That's the one blade i didn't bother to try, since my skin doesn't like supersharp blades and the price difference here with the "normal" blades is ridiculous anyway.

My current rotation is this:

ja8lz4.jpg

However, what i consider real rotation is 12 (since GSB, BIC, Shark Super Chrome and Wilkinson are there only temporarily, while the others, i have them from min. quantity of 200 to max of 1200).

I have a large box with blades. I'd say 40% Rapira Platinum Lux, 40% several "Made in Israel" blades, 10% Feather blades, and 10% others. The others range from Treets to vintage Wilkinson Swords.

--

Grasping the oppurtunity to ask. Do your Rapiras have perfectly even edges? The made in Israel will probably be rebranded Israeli Personnas.

Grasping the oppurtunity to ask. Do your Rapiras have perfectly even edges? The made in Israel will probably be rebranded Israeli Personnas.
No, they don't. There is a lot of variation between them. If I had known that before, I would not have bought so many. They range from exceptionally good to barely usable.

--

No, they don't. There is a lot of variation between them. If I had known that before, I would not have bought so many. They range from exceptionally good to barely usable.

--

Thanks. This confirms my suspicions that something very fishy goes on with Rapira, because it seems it's much easier to find someone who got blades with uneven edges than not. It's also the reason of why i had initially rejected the idea of getting any Rapiras, but rethought about it once i tried Voskhod. But i won't be buying more.

I use Rapira Super Stainless exclusively and have only had a couple of duff ones in the last three or more years.

I actually just shaved with a Rapira SS that they sent me as a gift with the Voskhod purchase and i had an excellent shave despite the uneven edges. Not very sharp, but very smooth and got BBS right on par with what i get with Astra. I am impressed.

Gillette silver blue and Feather. Both left from a sample pack. Both are good, but when finished, will buy feather as they work best for me in my razor.

Mostly Astra SP , they suit my needs better than any other blades
I occasionally use others break the habit, Shark, Personna, Treet and some others.
I used old stock made in England Wilkinson Sword blades in a Merkur Futur exclusively for around seven years.
Variety is the spice of life and all that. . . But my skin will not tolerate Feather blades

I use 3 blades a month. I have too many different blades to have a consistent rotation. Have to try everything first :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, the Rapira blades are not that bad ... but I think the number of low quality blades is definitely above 2% ... my guess is that of every 100 blades, two or three are a dud. OTOH, 90 are absolutely stellar.

--

I have about 40 types of blades and so far I've only tried about 15 or so. And I seem to keep buying new blades even if I found a few that work very good for me and my skin.

You are not alone! The good thing though, is that i found that shaving with different blades, keep your skill honed. I can shave to BBS with any of my blades, even if some i like considerably less than others. And with rare weepers. Of course, using only mild razors, help in that.

Well, the Rapira blades are not that bad ... but I think the number of low quality blades is definitely above 2% ... my guess is that of every 100 blades, two or three are a dud. OTOH, 90 are absolutely stellar.

--

I can live with that...

Back
Top Bottom