Photo Bucket

Hello all,

I use photo bucket and it takes such a long time to edit and resize when I want to post the pics on here, is there any other way or site that can be quick, it's so frustrating waiting and waiting.

many thanks

Mo

Be aware that any image hosting service can close down or be withdrawn at any time. I thought links to images in public dropbox folders would be a safe bet until they announced they'll stop working in March. My solution: I'll host my images on my own website. Even if my hoster (Google) closes down or withdraws the service, I'll be able to move to another hoster. Not everyone has that luxury though and I now have to edit links in hundreds of posts to point to the new location, but I have three months to do it... :rolleyes:

I'm no expert... believe me ... but lately I resize the image using something that has the title "Image Resizer for Windows" in it's box. It's the one that appears when I hover over a photo and right click the drop down box ... then I simply drag and drop the resized photo or caption or whatever into the body of the post... it seems to work and gives the option of thumbnail or full size. I find it easier than photobucket or Faststone. But I'm always willing to learn if there's a better way.

Hmm....

I think others gave reported this issue. I haven't had any such problem. What hardware and browser are you using?

Can you try it with a file you know to be small? A small .jpg file less than 100k should do. Post here and I'll remove it once we've diagnosed the issue.
I was just trying it with my iPhone using safari. Basically just a photo I took on my phone so I can't see the file size being big?

Can you check the file size please? If the camera is set to high resolution you can get a very large file!
I've just had a look and it's just in the basic photo setting (not HDR) but I have no idea what size the photo says as I can't see where's it gives that information on the phone

Back
Top Bottom