Phoenix and Beau: Vegan soap testers wanted

Hi everyone,

Didn't Guinness say that good things come to those who wait and, in the context of my vegan shaving soap formula, I've been waiting (well, tinkering) for roughly 2-years now and I think I've got something that's good, something worth sharing.

Unfortunately it's not Guinness shaving soap..

I have 20 samples of unscented vegan shaving soap and would like to share 10 here on TSR and 10 on the Against The Grain Forum.

Objective critical feedback is sought.

Relevant information:
  1. This formula is potentially slated for a smaller format product of 60g and is designed to be a more affordable Phoenix and Beau offering (price point yet to be set). Back in April we conducted a (simple) scent survey and this has informed us in regards to preference, e.g. cedarwood & pine, pathouli & vetiver, mandarin & lime, etc
  2. The ingredients list is as follows;
    • Kokum butter, shea butter, cocoa butter, stearic acid, safflower oil, sunflower oil, castor oil, vegetable glycerin, vitamin e, allantoin, coconut milk, sodium lactate, potassium hydroxide and distilled water.
Please add your names to the below list and DM me your best postal address.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Very best regards,

Kerry.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="phoenixandbeau, post: 652779, member: 6675"
I have 20 samples of unscented vegan shaving soap and would like to share 10 here on TSR and 10 on the Against The Grain Forum.

Objective critical feedback is sought.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it'd be great if I could put my name on the list.

1)@donnie_arko
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I received my tester from Kerry this evening and hadn't shaved this morning so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I face lathered with a Razorock BC synth which I think it more of a test for a thirsty soap, it was very easy to get a great lather going, I added a little more water after warming the bristles in some hot water for about 5 mins.

It's a really great soap, I've recently had a few vegan soaps in the form of Dr Jons and OSPs Creams so I wanted to see how they compared. I think this sample out performs them both. While I like Dr Jons (some amazing scents), it feels somewhat thick going on and because of that can lack slickness, while the PnB sample was super slick, with plenty of residual slickness and plenty of cushion. No problem forming a nice thick lather for three passes. After shaving I didn't feel the need to reach for some moisturiser to finish the job either, my face feels great right now.

edit: This was an unscented sample the formulation smells quite neutral with no hint of anything sticking out and strong smelling. I only mention that because I sometimes see people comment on the base smell from formulation/fats.

I will have to give this a few more goes, and will update with more thoughts. Put me down for a full puck or two when you've made some more Kerry :)

Back
Top Bottom