Personna blades advice

Hi everyone another question on regards to blades (DE), I have tried a variety of blades mainly Gillette, however I am thinking of trying some Personna blades specifically Personna Super 'lab blues' as a lot of people rave about these, anybody used them specifically people with thick and or coarse hair?
thanks

If you have never tried any Personna blades I can recommend the Personna sample pack from Connaught http://connaughtshaving.com/persp.html

The lab blues are one of my favourites, the Med Prep are excellent too and even the double edge USA blades are really very good in my opinion. The pack also has the Crystal and the Red, both of these are OK for me but many others rate these highly and they are actually quite cheap.

The Personna Lab Blues are good blades, but my preference is for the Reds, which have a regular place in my rotation because of their combination of sharpness and smoothness. I found the Med Preps a bit underwhelming tbh. YMMV of course.

Connaught Shaving do a Personna sample pack, so that seems a good idea to work out which you prefer.

I bought a sample pack from Connaught, ten varieties. Best way to find what you like as every skin is different. Great service from Connaught.

Lab Blues are very good blades. I used them exclusively years ago. Not the best but found them to be consistently good in any razor that I used. Where as Feathers are excellent for me in only a few razors, Lab's are very good in all razors.

Now I'm on a vintage blade kick. Much smoother and better longevity but harder to find and more expensive.

Labs are certainly worth a try. Whilst your at it also try Perma-Sharp blades. About the same price but I found them to be better.

Back
Top Bottom