Pashana

I have always been curious about this one as it seems to be so damn divisive in that 50% swear by it & 50% swear at it!! :confused: It's unavailable pretty much outside Europe so I have never smelled it, but I think I'd like it. What sayeth those who have used/smelled it, diamond or dud?

I don't use their hair products (although I do still have some-hair, that is), but I like Pashana aftershave. It's pretty heavy going when first applied, but it dries away to leave a rather nice light, old-fashioned, slightly "maiden aunt" smell. After a short while it's not "room-clearing" strong, is almost undetectable except close-to (as any good aftershave should be, in my view), and my wife finds it acceptable.

Then again, I also like Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, which behaves in a similar fashion on dry-down.

I have a suspicion I may be in the minority on this!

It's brilliant stuff - very strong and distinctive. someone on amazon described it as the contents of an old woman's handbag and yet, it has that certain something. it's manly and floral. it's got a great base of patchouli that punches through the roses and the piss that just somehow works. it comes in a great bottle that i have washed out and re-used with other a/s this last year and you can still smell the Pashana. not for wallflowers.

It's brilliant stuff - very strong and distinctive. someone on amazon described it as the contents of an old woman's handbag and yet, it has that certain something. it's manly and floral. it's got a great base of patchouli that punches through the roses and the piss that just somehow works. it comes in a great bottle that i have washed out and re-used with other a/s this last year and you can still smell the Pashana. not for wallflowers.
Nice description.

Sounds sort of like the old Hoyt's German Cologne still made in the USA since 1868.

Yes Sir :)
I always use hair tonic and I love it and also I would like to think that it does good to my hair and scalp.
Pashana hair tonics are good, I use Eau de Cologne(hair tonic) and Original Hair tonic. E.d.Cologne smells almost similar to 4711 and the Original hair tonic has a wonderful, full on, natural sandalwood scent and lasts for ages.
Pashana Aftershave is nice, strong and woody(sandalwood) type of masculine scent and to that price, I would say Diamond. The only one that I didn't like is the Original Cologne(not similar to E.d.Cologne hair tonic), this one comes in the glass bottle similar to the Aftershave, scent is not masculine and floral so I would say don't bother.
Pashana products maybe available in USA under a different brand as I saw same products with a different name as 'Jack Dean' if I am not wrong.

Last edited: