Palmolive Stick VS Arko Stick?

They are both excellent performers. So the preference comes down to colour, scent or price.
Palmolive is greenish, Arko whitish - make of that what you like...
On scent, the Palmolive has less potential to offend. Personally I don't mind the scent of Arko, but wouldn't want to use it every day. Palmolive would be a bit boring for daily use TBH.
On price - in the UK - Palmolive wins. 49 pence for a 50g stick. Arko seems to be around a pound per 75g stick if I buy a dozen in one go. What the heck would I do with a dozen Arko sticks?
They are both cheap enough. Get both and make up your own mind...
I'll stick with Tabac and Faena Mastic once I've used up all the other soaps (some time in the mid 2020s maybe)...

They are both excellent performers. So the preference comes down to colour, scent or price.
Palmolive is greenish, Arko whitish - make of that what you like...
On scent, the Palmolive has less potential to offend. Personally I don't mind the scent of Arko, but wouldn't want to use it every day. Palmolive would be a bit boring for daily use TBH.
On price - in the UK - Palmolive wins. 49 pence for a 50g stick. Arko seems to be around a pound per 75g stick if I buy a dozen in one go. What the heck would I do with a dozen Arko sticks?
They are both cheap enough. Get both and make up your own mind...
I'll stick with Tabac and Faena Mastic once I've used up all the other soaps (some time in the mid 2020s maybe)...
I have a limited budget so I will just buy Palmolive for now.

Time to dust off this old classic.

24yz1a0.jpg

I'm lucky my skin type gets on with both Palmolive & Arko + Derby shaves sticks, which i find very much the same as Arko, but for me personally i prefer Palmolive, and not just for it's amazing price, it's post shave feeling to the face is wonderful..everytime i enter Asda, my body goes to the shaving section, amd i always buy a Palmolive shave stick..i've got 6 unopened ones in my shaivng den...wonderful stuff.;)

Last edited:
I'd give the Arko a lead in performance, but that scent takes some getting used to (you get over it eventually). Palmolive offers a bit more bang for you buck and is more widely available (in the UK at least).

Palmolive wins IMHO..it performs well, extremely cheap and the scent, though perhaps a little boring (if you're a frag head or mad on scents) is inoffensive and clean smelling. Arko doesn't agree with my skin.
There are better sticks out there however and depending on where you are based and your budget you have a lot of options!

Why don't you get both though and give them I try..if you don't like them PIF them or trade them.. ect..

If you want cheap a stick that blows both Palmolive and Arko out the water..go for LEA and Speick
Or for a bit more money DR Harris, Valobra(my favourite) and Tabac.

Palmolive wins IMHO..it performs well, extremely cheap and the scent, though perhaps a little boring (if you're a frag head or mad on scents) is inoffensive and clean smelling. Arko doesn't agree with my skin.
There are better sticks out there however and depending on where you are based and your budget you have a lot of options!

Why don't you get both though and give them I try..if you don't like them PIF them or trade them.. ect..

If you want cheap a stick that blows both Palmolive and Arko out the water..go for LEA and Speick
Or for a bit more money DR Harris, Valobra(my favourite) and Tabac.

I definitely agree with the Valobra shave stick - absolutely fab IMO. :)

Palmolive is 25gr less and one euro more expensive than Arko. Worth it?

Has anyone compared them?

Strange... Palmostick is £0.50 in Wilko for instance and the lowest price I found for an Arko stick on Ebay is about £2.

Tough question anyhow:
  • Price: Palmostick
  • Scent: Palmostick
  • Lather: Arko
  • Chemical ingredients: ex-aequo
However, my preference goes to Arko (leave it open all the time and the fragrance will somehow vanish eventually), for Palmolive works barely OK for me.

Back
Top Bottom