Pal injectomatic

Hi guys, I've recently been given a pal injectomatic razor, anyone any idea what blades are compatible with it?
Any Injector blade will fit, but the best options are Schick Proline or the Chinese made Schick blades. The Personna injector blades will fit but they do not seem to be a popular choice. I have tried this combination and the Schick blades are far better in this Razor.

EDIT:

Schick Prolines available here: https://connaughtshaving.com/spb20.html or on Rakuten. The Chinese Schick blades can be found on Amazon but availability and prices vary, check out Amazon.com as well.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've recently been given a pal injectomatic razor, anyone any idea what blades are compatible with it?
Absolutely fantastic razor. A great gift! As @Bizzyberry says the Chinese Schick blades receive the most love. Connaught Shaving used to sell them; believe Amazon US are the best route. There is a thread in the SE area where @riverrun provides great advice on how to import the "chicks" via Amazon US whilst maximising your bang for your buck. If you cant wait; the Personna blades which are available in the UK could well work for you. They look like this.

Last edited:
There is a thread in the SE area where @riverrun provides great advice on how to import the "chicks" via Amazon US whilst maximising your bang for your buck.
This one? https://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/schick-injector-blades.36597/post-616533
Prices have probably changed since then, but the general idea still holds.
Proline blades need to be transferred to a proper injector magazine, so they are not a good choice for the first blades to get. You can always try to get an empty magazine. Ask on BST. More likely than not, someone will send you one.
Personna blades are not bad at all, but... the plastic magazines stink. I've had more than one just come apart. A spare proper magazine will again help. Still, a good first choice if you can't wait.
Chinese Schicks are easily available from Amazon US (see above) and come with proper full metal magazines. And they are fantastic blades.
Then there is the vintage option, but as lovely as some of them are - don't go there with your first injector.
The PAL doesn't like Twin blades, so that's one expensive option not to consider.

Last edited:
I was about to invest in blades for the two Injectomatics I still have until I added up the costs to London. It didn't make sense. The Proline blades where cheaper in P-30 format without the bother of reloading them into an injector, and the Chicks had to be imported at even greater cost. I now have a GEM Clog-Pruf and an ER1912 which I'm totally sold on. So before putting too much money into injectors, I'd suggest looking at what value and quality you get in the GEM format. I bought 200 PTFE blades from Connaught, and they're the best blades I've ever used. Needless to say, I now have two Injectomatics to sell, if anyone is interested.

I was about to invest in blades for the two Injectomatics I still have until I added up the costs to London. It didn't make sense. The Proline blades where cheaper in P-30 format without the bother of reloading them into an injector, and the Chicks had to be imported at even greater cost. I now have a GEM Clog-Pruf and an ER1912 which I'm totally sold on. So before putting too much money into injectors, I'd suggest looking at what value and quality you get in the GEM format. I bought 200 PTFE blades from Connaught, and they're the best blades I've ever used. Needless to say, I now have two Injectomatics to sell, if anyone is interested.
It's hard to disagree, as a 1912 with GEM PTFE blades is hard to beat.
Except by an injector razor. Yes, the Chinese Schick blades I use for my Eversharp Fashion Razor (Schick H1) are way more expensive than the GEMs or DE blades, but the combination can't be beaten for sheer fun. If the primary goal is to save money - grow a beard.

This one? https://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/schick-injector-blades.36597/post-616533
Prices have probably changed since then, but the general idea still holds.
Proline blades need to be transferred to a proper injector magazine, so they are not a good choice for the first blades to get. You can always try to get an empty magazine. Ask on BST. More likely than not, someone will send you one.
Personna blades are not bad at all, but... the plastic magazines stink. I've had more than one just come apart. A spare proper magazine will again help. Still, a good first choice if you can't wait.
Chinese Schicks are easily available from Amazon US (see above) and come with proper full metal magazines. And they are fantastic blades.
Then there is the vintage option, but as lovely as some of them are - don't go there with your first injector.
The PAL doesn't like Twin blades, so that's one expensive option not to consider.
Thats the one. I followed your advice and it worked out at the time. Not sure on prices at the moment.

Yes, the Chinese Schick blades I use for my Eversharp Fashion Razor (Schick H1) are way more expensive than the GEMs or DE blades, but the combination can't be beaten for sheer fun. If the primary goal is to save money - grow a beard.

The primary goal is a satisfying shave, but not at any price. If money were the issue I'd still be using DE razors, who wouldn't?

I can see that injectors are fun and their users like them. That's an end in itself. But I have both Proline P-30 blades in my ATT SE1 and PTFE blades in my GEMs and of the two I'd take the GEM + PTFE combination. Given this preference I can't see a place for Proline B-20s, and if those are better than the Chicks I just don't get it.

The primary goal is a satisfying shave, but not at any price. If money were the issue I'd still be using DE razors, who wouldn't?

I can see that injectors are fun and their users like them. That's an end in itself. But I have both Proline P-30 blades in my ATT SE1 and PTFE blades in my GEMs and of the two I'd take the GEM + PTFE combination. Given this preference I can't see a place for Proline B-20s, and if those are better than the Chicks I just don't get it.
I tend to use injectors if I'm in a hurry, although I used them this week because I thought I'd been neglecting them.
I do prefer the Proline B blades but like you the vintage and Artist Club SEs are my preferred choice.

I'm sure there are economic reasons for Chicks not being available in the UK... Considering the love for the blades, shame there are no UK vendors stocking them (cough, cough)...

Back
Top Bottom