PAA now available at Agent Shave!

When Agent Shave launched back in November we asked you what you wanted....USA shaving soaps you cried!!!!

We are pleased to announce we now have a stock of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements available at Agent Shave in the following scents:

Dapper Doc's
Malbolge
CaD
Cavendish
Harvest Moon
Solstice
Coconut Oud

UK delivery is free on all orders over £25 & if you check out the TSR vendors page we have a great discount for you : )

Over
That's excellent news. Is there any plans to offer other scents not already available to the UK market ?

Hi Merkurologist
We are always trying to source new products and certainly there does appear to be a trend towards products made in USA.
We have spoken to many product manufacturers but, due to the costs of having the correct testing done to allow EU based sales, many are not prepared sell to Europe and/or the UK. We are aware that there may be some retailers who are happy to retail products without this testing but we simply wont take chances with what is in effect our customers faces!
We are talking to some manufacturers but some are now starting to look at Brexit and what effect that will have on the testing rules!! We are now starting to wonder what effect Brexit will have in our ability to stock European products?
Oh well, all adds to life's rich tapestry!!
Agent A

May I also request/suggest looking into whether stocking and selling Ogallala Bay Rum in the various scents and soaps is a venture you would be interested in? I am sure there would be customers for it in the UK - It really is a great AS.

Thanks,

Hi Merkurologist
We are always trying to source new products and certainly there does appear to be a trend towards products made in USA.
We have spoken to many product manufacturers but, due to the costs of having the correct testing done to allow EU based sales, many are not prepared sell to Europe and/or the UK. We are aware that there may be some retailers who are happy to retail products without this testing but we simply wont take chances with what is in effect our customers faces!
We are talking to some manufacturers but some are now starting to look at Brexit and what effect that will have on the testing rules!! We are now starting to wonder what effect Brexit will have in our ability to stock European products?
Agent A

Very interesting..... I think I know who you mean about retailing soaps without the certificate of approval for EU. These soaps have been sold in the USA for a while now so the risk is small I think.

I guess Brexit will make things easier, less burocracy to deal with. I hope I'm guessing correctly ;)

May I also request/suggest looking into whether stocking and selling Ogallala Bay Rum in the various scents and soaps is a venture you would be interested in? I am sure there would be customers for it in the UK - It really is a great AS.

Thanks,
Thanks for the suggestion, I have asked Agent H to look at them, but I fear they are alcohol based and therefore transport of any sizeable order will be an issue, but we will see....

Reactions: AJP
Very interesting..... I think I know who you mean about retailing soaps without the certificate of approval for EU. These soaps have been sold in the USA for a while now so the risk is small I think.

I guess Brexit will make things easier, less burocracy to deal with. I hope I'm guessing correctly ;)

Oh yes. I am sure life will be much easier and less bureauocratic............!!
We are actually worried that there may be UK testing requirements introduced where products produced in Europe may need separate testing to be retailed in the UK, only time will tell, but maybe we should all be stocking up on Myrsol now!

Oh yes. I am sure life will be much easier and less bureauocratic............!!
We are actually worried that there may be UK testing requirements introduced where products produced in Europe may need separate testing to be retailed in the UK, only time will tell, but maybe we should all be stocking up on Myrsol now!

Somehow I don't see that happening..... I'm trying to think of anything where the UK demands more testing ATM and I can't think of a single one. If anything the strange testing demands like an egg needs to be of a certain shape, have come from Brussels.

As you say, time will tell but if common sense prevails then I don't need to be worrying too much :)

Agent A

In the short term existing EU regulations will be carried forward unchanged post Brexit. I somehow suspect that amending the EU Cosmetic Regulations will not be a high priority.

The other thing to bear in mind is that UK soap makers, if they wish to sell through EU retailers (as opposed to direct from the UK) will still be required to adhere to the testing and certification regime.

To chime in, I don't see there being a huge discrepancy (if any) between the testing required for EU and UK sales, even post-Brexit. Reason for this is if UK testing becomes more stringent, EU companies are more likely to overlook the UK as a marketplace. If UK regulations become less stringent than EU's, there's less likelihood that UK companies will be allowed to sell in the EU. Hence, if both UK and EU regulations are streamlined both entities are on a level playing field and only authorisation by the member state will be required, the cost of which depends on the member state at the moment anyway.

That's my take on it - it would be daft for either scenario to arise... but then again, stranger things have happened...

People can talk Brexit all they want, the fact is nothing will change ... the UK will transpose EU law in to UK law.

People can talk Brexit all they want, the fact is nothing will change ... the UK will transpose EU law in to UK law.
That's a strong possibility but the truth is that nobody knows yet. For those products and services going from the UK to the EU will stay the same as for the rest, there is an apportunity to modify the law as the UK see fit which probably won't happen overnight.

Getting back on track..... I do wish to see more scents from PAA.

@Merkurologist I think you may be fortunate there as I am sure Douglas is already working on more lines!!

I'd be amazed if we adopted anything other than the existing EU Cosmetic regs for the UK. Should we tinker with them UK artisans would need to apply for both as would EU artisans wishing to sell in the UK and it would become very cost prohibitive.

We will find out soon I'm sure!!

Back
Top Bottom