Oster prima latte

i just bought an oster prima latte machine. I followed all the instructions, priming it and went to use it and it does not work. The box had never been open so do not know what is wrong. Before i take it back to the store for a replacement can someone suggest what i might be doing wrong. It seems like it wants to work but after about 90 seconds it shuts down. The coffeeporta filter is hot but nothing comes out of the frother either....the porta filter is quite stiff in turning to lock it in place, not sure if this is normal. Can some one help

i just bought an oster prima latte machine. I followed all the instructions, priming it and went to use it and it does not work. The box had never been open so do not know what is wrong. Before i take it back to the store for a replacement can someone suggest what i might be doing wrong. It seems like it wants to work but after about 90 seconds it shuts down. The coffeeporta filter is hot but nothing comes out of the frother either....the porta filter is quite stiff in turning to lock it in place, not sure if this is normal. Can some one help
Entirely different machine but my delonghi espresso machine is 'stiff' (read, snug) locking into place. It's imperative for a decent seal for the pressure to be directed through the portafilter.

Have you tried different coarseness of grounds? Extremely fine grounds don't work with the delonghi - it tries to force water through, realises it can't and stops function. Also, make sure they're tamped down nicely but not overfilled. Try experimenting a little with different grounds and different amount of fill and see where you get!

I'll skim over the obvious of 'is there water in it?'. :)

Edit: This is also a bit of an unusual first post, in the 'welcome' section, in a forum about wet shaving...

Welcome @Phyllis, it could well be down to the size of your grounds as @Benz3ne has already said, which is a real pain if this is true. I can't add anything more but wish you luck in your quest for the perfect cup of coffee.
Feel free to post about any shaving related stuff as well but we will be happy to help with......coffee machines, vacuum cleaners, toasters ! :) All in jest, you are most welcome. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom