One Blade Core

Similar in design to it's more expensive brother, available soon and yours for $50

OneBlade_CORE_2000x.jpg

Blurb from the site:

Our new OneBlade CORE razor carries the same signature patent-pending design profile of our signature all-stainless steel, award-winning OneBlade GENESIS razor... but is built using Tritan â„¢, an engineer-grade polymer (plastic), with a 304 stainless steel rod inserted into the handle core for an added, balanced weight. Blending elements of the traditional safety razor with updated technology, the end result is a never-before-seen marriage of shaving performance and comfort.

The OneBlade CORE uses the Feather FHS-10 Single Edge Blade. Made of hardened stainless steel and coated in platinum, these Japanese blades provide the perfect balance of sharpness and comfort to deliver you an exceptional shave with no irritation. (For best results, we recommend switching to a new blade after 1-3 shaves. Blades can be purchased from OneBlade for as low as $0.66/blade; you can also purchase them from other retailers like Amazon).

From the pivot to the spring, this razor leaves no room for compromise or fault.

https://shop.onebladeshave.com/collections/razors/products/oneblade-core

We need more information.
What would happen if the thing is dropped on the bathroom tiles? The V2 was created so it could withstand a drop better than the SS V1. Tritan Plastic is lighter than SS. The original is balanced to a high degree, at least no one complained about the balance. Now how is the balance going to be achieved with the plastic version? Plastic deteriorates with time. How long will this new one guaranteed to last for?

What would happen if the thing is dropped on the bathroom tiles? The V2 was created so it could withstand a drop better than the SS V1. Tritan Plastic is lighter than SS. The original is balanced to a high degree, at least no one complained about the balance. Now how is the balance going to be achieved with the plastic version? Plastic deteriorates with time. How long will this new one guaranteed to last for?
The Stainless OneBlade is So Heavy it Would be Unlikely to Survive a Drop on Hard Floors..Its Flimsy as Well..o_O

Billy

The Stainless OneBlade is So Heavy it Would be Unlikely to Survive a Drop on Hard Floors..Its Flimsy as Well..o_O

Billy

There are a lot of small intricate parts in the OB razor head, and apparently, drops to the V1 did damage the head for some folks. In V2, they corrected this issue by using PANACEA stainless steel, which is the very hardest and strongest steel alloy ever made, and one of the very toughest substances of any material on Earth. In other words, the problem has been corrected.

No idea about the guarantee, but plastics tend to hold their shape well under normal stress.

About the balance, a stainless steel rod will run down the middle of the OB Core handle, which they say makes for an excellent weight and balance.

At this price, if the OneBlade Core shaves as well as the original, this could be the razor that has the potential to bring the mainstream back to classic wet shaving!

...At this price, if the OneBlade Core shaves as well as the original, this could be the razor that has the potential to bring the mainstream back to classic wet shaving!

Surely, you cannot be serious. The average male shaver is not going to pay $50 for a razor, let alone one that uses obscure & expensive blades that are extremely limited in variety as well as distribution. Ain't gonna happen.

I predict this current fad of AC type razors will pass as we are now seeing the best indicator of such: it appears they have saturated the extremely limited group of "it's new & expensive so I want it!!" crowd, hence this new intro to reignite the fervor. I believe these "boutique" razor makers have made the startling realization that a minute percentage of a minute percentage of wet shavers won't make them rich in the long run.

There is a current interview on the Internet with most likely the largest wet shaving vendor in the USA. He has approx. 1,000,000 razor blades in stock. That is only 100 blades for 10,000 people out of a nation of circa. 320 million. That, my friends, is a mouse fart in a hurricane. ;)

Surely, you cannot be serious. The average male shaver is not going to pay $50 for a razor, let alone one that uses obscure & expensive blades that are extremely limited in variety as well as distribution. Ain't gonna happen.

I predict this current fad of AC type razors will pass as we are now seeing the best indicator of such: it appears they have saturated the extremely limited group of "it's new & expensive so I want it!!" crowd, hence this new intro to reignite the fervor. I believe these "boutique" razor makers have made the startling realization that a minute percentage of a minute percentage of wet shavers won't make them rich in the long run.

There is a current interview on the Internet with most likely the largest wet shaving vendor in the USA. He has approx. 1,000,000 razor blades in stock. That is only 100 blades for 10,000 people out of a nation of circa. 320 million. That, my friends, is a mouse fart in a hurricane. ;)

I'm quite serious, but it doesn't mean classic wet shaving will become mainstream. It doesn't even mean it is likely, but I do view it as a greater possibility than I did yesterday.

Thing is, people are getting fed up with Gillette and Schick carts. So much so, that rebranded Weishi DE's and a fairly new brand called 'Bevel' are showing up and being given prominent display positions in American supermarkets like Walmart and Target. Safety razors are coming back into vouge, the number of Art of Shaving stores are expanding, and the number and quantity of shaving forums/online groups is exploding. A generation of men that never knew what a safety razor was is just beginning to learn there is a better way to shave.

Thing is, cartridge razors took over the market way back when because they were ultimately safer and more convenient than safety razors, even though the quality and closeness of the shave was less. But with the OneBlade, you have the quality and closeness of a safety razor, but with the safety and convenience of a cart. At a $50 price of the OB Core, you are comparing $40 for a dozen Fusion cartridges, which makes it way cheaper than any modern cart over the long run, and a helluva lot better shave!

You are using insular thinking. Ask yourself how many people you know personally who either use a SE or DE razor(?). I know approx. five and all of those I have converted over after loaning them a razor/brush/soap. Remember that almost all men have chosen convenience over all else. That's why we use automobiles & don't ride horses anymore.

DE/SE shaving is only a niche market and not some sort of mass conversion despite what Internet forums may want to believe. The only real market shift as of late has been to Dollar Shave Club & Harry's Razors. The biggest recent move is Schick making cheaper replacement ctgs. that fit Gillette razors. Surely this is retaliation against Gillette for their lawsuit last year against Edgewell, parent co. of Schick.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14148687/1/gillette-rival-schick-to-launch-online-shave-club.html

Remember that almost all men have chosen convenience over all else.

I am quite aware of this and agree with you, but I must remind you that automobile technology did not stop with the Ford Model T, and shaving technology did not stop with the original SE safety razor, nor will it stop with the modern cartridge razor. Indeed, it has not. The OneBlade is an innovation in shaving technology that combines the convenience of a cartridge razor with the quality/closeness of a classic safety razor. ...And now, they are doing all that in a way that can beat the pricing of expensive carts.

Further, this innovation will not end with what we have seen today as I expect greater advances in the future. It is the nature and history of human progress.

Len, you are starting to sound like a shill for One Blade. Do you work for them?

You are starting to sound like a troll, and it is the nature of less intelligent weaklings (and Luddites) to use ad hominem attacks when they can't argue their position out of a paper bag.

But, to answer your insinuation... NO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom