Omega Crema da Barba

This stuff is great! If you are a soft soap fan and you are ok with eucalyptus then this is definitely one to try. Rapidly becoming my summer favourite for the really hot days.

Very reasonable in price, free snazzy black plastic pot and performs beautifully, what more can you say!

6341fae4-75e6-45fd-bc01-d61f959f9755_zps2c00d567.jpg

I heard it was Poraso re-badged and that it wasn't as good as the old formula, fortunately I tried it anyway and found it great.

I can't compare it directly as I don't have any Proraso in but it's far better than Cella in both ease of lathering and skin care.
Disclaimer! YMMV.

The old Omega Crema da Barba was the same formulation as the previous incarnation of Proraso green - both were produced by Martelli.

L-R: Old Proraso green, old Omega Crema da Barba, new Omega Crema da Barba
9252463949_ff0be49d8b_c.jpg

Ingredients L-R: Old Proraso green, old Omega Crema da Barba, new Omega Crema da Barba
9255245854_2771556773_c.jpg

Below is ingredients image in hi-res:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/9255245854_344e644162_h.jpg

The new formulation Omega Crema de Barba is made by Biochimica (who also make Figaro, Fitness for Man, RazoRock etc.) and is not mentholated. It's really good stuff IMO.

Shaverrific666 said:
Heard good things about this stuff...has anyone tried the tube version?

Cheers.

I used the tube version this morning for the first time in a few months, and it's pretty good stuff. I've not tried the tub, so can't really compare. Performance wise I'd put it on a par with Ingrams. Personally I feel Palmolive edges both of them in all aspects.

Cheers - David.

Count, I am posting photos of the newest 'Gen. 3' version of this as it surely adds continuity for people to see what version they have IMO. ;)

I have stated repeatedly in the past that IMO the scent of a shave soap/cream is really not all that important to me in the scheme of things. However, there are a few exceptions and the top one is Erasmic cream which I personally feel is the quintessential 'Barbershop' frag. Well, I got out my tube (black cap) of it and my nose was spot on as this latest version of Omega is like a slightly stronger Erasmic scent!! Whoever engineered this in Italy should be given a raise and a new Ferrari!!!!! :)

Note: it appears that a quick way to determine 'generations' is by the weight/vol. Gen 1 = 5.2 oz. Gen 2 = 5.28 oz. Gen 3 = 5.58 oz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom