Occam’s Razor

I haven't seen a thread for this AC razor, so I thought I would start one.

Available from Classic Shaving in the States, and shipped to me with breathtaking speed, I had my first shave with it this morning. It is a little weird, with 3 alternative heads requiring a small screw driver to change. It is a large, industrial-shaped thing and the first shave, using a Captain Kai, was good but not outstanding Dong. There is a slightly odd blade vibration when you shave. Not unpleasant but odd. Apparently it is a design thing and is not so noticeable with the least aggressive head.

On holiday for a week from Tuesday, and I don't take new SS razors on holiday. So I will play with it when I get back but I was hoping to hear other people's experiences.

The blade movement can be stopped by bending the blade slightly before you insert the blade. Doing this did not seem to make any difference to the shave for me, the design is based on having a floating blade so I did expect some difference as I figured the bent blade would be moving less.

This razor also has the dubious honour of being the only razor I have that seems to work with the truly awful Feather Soft Guard blade. The blade still seems to tug a little bit but nothing like it does with a regular SE razor.

I like the Occam's and find the middle 2 dot plate the best for me.

Some comments I made on this razor previously: https://theshavingroom.co.uk/commun...ry-friday-19th-january-2018.45966/post-691728

Thanks. Save me wading through a whole pile of irrelevant posts published subsequently, do you have any further comments in the light of subsequent experience? The screws, by the way, are available from Classic Shaving.

Thanks. Save me wading through a whole pile of irrelevant posts published subsequently, do you have any further comments in the light of subsequent experience? The screws, by the way, are available from Classic Shaving.
Not much to add except that I see the O.R.E.N. Razor - Occam's Razor Enhanced Nano version has a modified head and the prices are much more reasonable now.

82c2027f71cbee205f20a8eec6f409bd.jpg

Another first rate shave with the V2, 2 dot plate and Feather Pro Super blade. Two passes, ATG & XTG followed up by touch ups along my jawline and lower neck ended in another BBS shave. Thus far the shaves have been equal to or better than my shaves with the Cobra Classic, Brass General and Mongoose. I will be trying out the more aggressive plate next to see how it shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first two shaves with the OREN with the 2 dot plate and Feather Super were fantastic. I couldn't help myself and decided to give the 3 dot plate a go with the Feather Super blade. Wow, this is some serious blade feel. Not as smooth as the 2 dot plate but not bad either. Ended in a perfect BBS shave. Color me impressed with the V2,

Back
Top Bottom