November 2017 Acquisitions

I get an extremely good shave from the full safety bar solid head English Aristocrats / Aristocrat Juniors. Aside from case and other minor variations I had already had the three most common models: #15/21, #16/22 and #51/53. The #48/49 is the hardest to find and at last I have managed to track one down. Distinguishing features are the lack of end caps, the centre bar completely covered by the blade doors and a TTO knob identical to US Superspeeds of the time.

2a8a80b10aae776f641c356d8fac24a8.jpg

Last edited:
A reverse aquisition - had my Pitralon Swiss confiscated at airport as it is a 160ml bottle.
What an idiot - I knew 100ml was max, but took the chance and lost out ☹️
To make matters worse, he insisted on confiscated a tub of German shaving soap, despite it clearly being labeled as Rasierseife. I insisted it be opened, and it was a croap similar to Cella, but the Joker was having none of it and binned them both (or maybe took home for personal use?) [emoji35]

33e77aa858796a19fdd23219e4d7b274.jpg

November started wonderfully.
Both FINEs smell stunning.
The American Blend is not what I expected as it's little different than the soap I tried. Still, I am very satisfied with the buy.

The American blend reminds me of a mature gentleman dressed for church:) We'll see if the wife likes it as much as I do :)
It supposed to be similar to YSL Rive Gauche which I haven't tried and I do know older men in my surroundings haven't had Rive Gauche :D Maybe Brut but more modern. I'll have to try Brut to be sure.

The platinum smells like a parfume which i cannot define, i know it should be creed aventus but i haven't tried the creed so i know it must be something else simliar to that which i have tried.

The best thing about the splashes is their longetivity. No need for cologne when using them.
6d7e36abbffd1a1f26c9c97ea9d43995.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom