New to the forum and help on blade choice

Hi all, I made the switch to traditional shaving and hoping to go SR eventually, anyway I currently have a merkur 34c HD DE razor, this is one I borrowed from a good friend and got on well so made it my first purchase. He gave me a selection of blades but I stuck with the Astra ones he gave me, so my question is I love the Astra blades but one where is the best place to buy from? 2 is there any other blades that do just a good a job or better? Thanks in advance!

Ok brill thanks for that... do you have any preference on sellers or types of blades yourself? Mine is a light stubble and doesn't really grow massively long (half a cm at most!)

Hi all, I made the switch to traditional shaving and hoping to go SR eventually, anyway I currently have a merkur 34c HD DE razor, this is one I borrowed from a good friend and got on well so made it my first purchase. He gave me a selection of blades but I stuck with the Astra ones he gave me, so my question is I love the Astra blades but one where is the best place to buy from? 2 is there any other blades that do just a good a job or better? Thanks in advance!
Welcome Mark, great blades the Astra's , Ebay is probably the place to look if you want to buy 100+ or any on line retailers like Connought shaving, shaving station, shave lounge ect . If you love the astra blades I would stick with them or if you just wanted to see what else was out there why not buy a blade sampler, from Ebay or shave lounge and see what you think because everyone has their blade of choice so it's a hard question to give an answer to. Good luck, good to have you with us. :) Paul.

You can pick up 100 packs of Astra's on eBay and Amazon.

As others have said pick up a sample pack, I bought mine from shave lounge and am working through them currently.

If you want a wider variety consider a pack from https://www.razorbladesclub.com or they offer every blade as a pack. The price is pretty good and will give you a chance to try some more unusual blades.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

There are some cheap, lower tier blades out there – for example Super-Max, Derby Extras, Tian Li – and they only work for me in shavettes, my Merkur slant, and Futur clone. See what works best for you in your Merkur 34c.

my question is I love the Astra blades but one where is the best place to buy from? 2 is there any other blades that do just a good a job or better? Thanks in advance!
Fleabay is a good source; Astra SP £8.70 per hundred delivered. Gillette Silver Blue are definitely worth trying. You can also get a Gillette 40 blade pack from Connaught Shaving which is well worth trying without risking too much expenditure.

Back
Top Bottom