New Synthetic

A new brush maker on the U.S. scene and I had to try one of his great deals:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EverShave

He's running a $10 special shipped so I swallowed the "hook" on it and it came today. I selected his 25mm black/white fan shaped synthetic that is what is commonly termed "Tuxedo" style. However in all fairness the maker never uses that word nor claims as such:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/520380988/free-clear-handle-with-purchase-of-any?ref=shop_home_active_9

I compared the softness against the Maggard black synthetic brush (not their black/white knot) and this new one is indeed softer. I have not used it yet but in a pre-clean it did shed a lot. Shave reports to follow.

Greetings

That's very interesting and I see he does a couple of different fan shaped knots at a very reasonable price unfortunately he will not ship to the UK.

I am on the lookout for a fan shaped synthetic knot that flexes reasonably easy, it looks like his all white fan might fit the bill, but like all of these knots and brushes you really need to shave with them to find out.

Regards
Dick.

As soon as the lathered brush hit my face the sky opened up and a heavenly choir sounded. It felt as if an angelic cherub was applying the lather. I was stunned!! A lather machine with no "hogging" & just perfect backbone. If it is not indeed a true "Tuxedo" then I cannot possibly fathom how it could be better. The softness is off the charts. All my other synthetics just became 2nd tier. Simply wow! ;)

Last edited:
Nice designs, great price. But the shedding bit, dunno.. I've owned various 5 synths or so, and none of those shed more than a couple of fibers. Literally.
Well, interested to hear more reviews.

Thank you for posting, I just bought the fan shaped synthetic on to a black handle and also the white fan knot on to the free handle. I was looking for a fan knot to try. I hope this doesn't disappoint. Too bad they don't ship the silvertip knot to Europe.

Nice designs, great price. But the shedding bit, dunno.. I've owned various 5 synths or so, and none of those shed more than a couple of fibers. Literally.
Well, interested to hear more reviews.

Mine stopped shedding quickly. ;)

Update:

Last edited:
Greetings

I too have taken a punt on the Black and white fan in the black handle and the Angel knot on it's own, I've requested one of the free clear handles so if it's half reasonable I'll put the Angel knot into that, if not one of my less liked brushes might find itself 'beheaded'

Regards
Dick.

GgvhQsD.jpg

Greetings

My two EverShave brushes arrived yesterday from the USA, They are the 25mm Angel knot and the 25mm Quarter Moon knot. The Angel knot is all white in colour the same as the Cashmere knot sold by APShaveCo. on Etsy and I am pretty sure is exactly the same fibre albeit in a fan shaped knot.

The Quarter Moon knot is a black and white fan shaped knot and again appears to be the same fibre as the Tuxedo knot sold by APShaveCo. both of these knots are considerably cheaper than the APShaveCo. knots.

It is difficult to make a truly meaningful comparison between fan and bulb knots but IMHO the differences between the Angel and the Cashmere and the Quartermoon and the Tuxedo are very small indeed not withstanding the different knot shapes. Where there is a difference it is between the white Angel and Cashmere and the black and white Quartermoon and Tuxedo; in both cases the all white knots are more flexible ie they splay easier and have less backbone than the black and white knots (all four knots have super soft tips) I personally prefer the white knots because they are more flexible.

EverShave sent me a free clear handle and I asked them not to glue in the Angel knot as I wanted to set it at maximum height. As it happend the hole in the handle was already at the correct depth to seat the knot at maximum loft.

These knots are IMHO superb I was a little surprised that there was in practical use so little difference between fan and other bulbs in synthetics I own. I feel there is a considerable difference between the feel of the two shapes in badger.

I feel that I now own more or less every type of the latest generation synthetic knot and I still like the L'Occitane Plisson knot the best and I feel I am now splitting hairs (or fibres) regarding the differences!

The cost of the two brushes and handles was 25 USD on the customs form which attracted a VAT fee of £5.06 plus the £8.00 Royal Mail ransom, to be quite fair it was 'my time' having never paid a single penny to HMRC in the past!

Best regards
Dick.

Evershave Fan Synthetics.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom