New member - Ex fire service West Yorks - New to wet DE shaving

Hi All! Well, after years of using an electric, I've converted at a late age to wet shaving. Better late than never, as they say! Watched tons of stuff on you tube, and then went for a shaving kit costing £35 to get me going. Jagger DE 89, Proraso sandalwood soap, Omega s brush, multi pack of different blades, and some alum sticks. I fitted the astra sp blade after reading tips. What a great experience! After years of a quick shave, Im now taking my time, and enjoying the me time. Warm water on the face, good lather up, 2 or 3 passes. Finish with cold water, then some Nivea afterbalm. Ive since bought a shaving mug, and a razor brush stand from ebay. Whilst in Italy on hols last week, I bought some figaro almond soap, and green and white proraso, and 3 more brushes! They were cheap as chips out there, the soaps were like 1.20 euro, and the brushes about 5/6 euro. Gave a brush and soap to my son, he uses a disposable, but is enjoying the lather up.

Looking forward to my next shave, just bought some Tabac soap! Any tips appreciated.

All the best gents
Bob

Welcome and a big thank you for your services as a fireman.

Out of curiosity, what gave you the nudge to try wet shaving?
Thanks Rhubarb. It was my pleasure, totally enjoyed the job for 30 years. The nudge? My son is trying these Harry multi blade razors they sell, and I looked them up on youtube. That then led to links about wet shaving, de razors, brushes, etc, etc. So I took the plunge and bought a kit! Really glad I did. :)

Welcome @Bob Yorke

My old fella managed just over 30 years in the Fire Service, so I doff my hat to you!

I'm in one of the other 2 blue light brigades with 4 to go.....counting down the days!

This is a cracking forum to be part of with the members giving all the advice and tips you'll ever need!

Look forward to hearing from you!

[emoji482]

Back
Top Bottom