New Loake Boot Day

So, yesterday whilst shopping for new shoes, I made the fatal mistake of trying on some boots I'd had my eye on for a while. Bare in mind it was snowing (so therefore, cold) and I tried on a pair of tan Wolf size 9's. Fleece lined tan brogue style boots, what's not to like? It was those or the not so cozy Bedale (albeit the Bedale price was a smidgen more cozy, but what's £25 between friends?).

Whilst making up my mind I popped to our local craft beer pub and supped a 3rd of a pint of pure heaven (Lervig Sipping Into Darkness, chocolate vanilla martini stout, you NEED this in your life). Popped back to the shoe shop and having already forked out for a nice pair of shoes for my son, I walked out with a divine pair of Wolf boots. After my son offered the shop keeper one of his hot sausage rolls for, and I quote, "being a kind shop keeper and getting us some really nice, cool shoes", we got some polish thrown in for good measure (always nice).

So gents, if you've never experienced fleece lined boots, I highly recommend them! My feet are currently toasty warm (I am breaking them in gently around the house).

upload_2017-12-10_14-25-12.png

So, yesterday whilst shopping for new shoes, I made the fatal mistake of trying on some boots I'd had my eye on for a while. Bare in mind it was snowing (so therefore, cold) and I tried on a pair of tan Wolf size 9's. Fleece lined tan brogue style boots, what's not to like? It was those or the not so cozy Bedale (albeit the Bedale price was a smidgen more cozy, but what's £25 between friends?).

Whilst making up my mind I popped to our local craft beer pub and supped a 3rd of a pint of pure heaven (Lervig Sipping Into Darkness, chocolate vanilla martini stout, you NEED this in your life). Popped back to the shoe shop and having already forked out for a nice pair of shoes for my son, I walked out with a divine pair of Wolf boots. After my son offered the shop keeper one of his hot sausage rolls for, and I quote, "being a kind shop keeper and getting us some really nice, cool shoes", we got some polish thrown in for good measure (always nice).

So gents, if you've never experienced fleece lined boots, I highly recommend them! My feet are currently toasty warm (I am breaking them in gently around the house).

View attachment 31627
Beautiful boots Nick, I have some Grensons very much the same but without the fleece lining :-( P.

Just curious as having worn insulated boots for decades in the past are not these fleece lined boots susceptible to overheating with activity since they obviously can't breathe? o_O

Just curious as having worn insulated boots for decades in the past are not these fleece lined boots susceptible to overheating with activity since they obviously can't breathe? o_O
My feet do get toasty warm, but not unpleasantly so....so far :) I will report back once I've done some longer walking in them to qualify as heavier activity.

View attachment 31627
Great boots mate.

Back
Top Bottom