New hybrid Hone razor type H

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpg image.jpg Not really its just something I put together using the parts of my Hone razors but it works well, not as heavy as the orignal Hone but not as light as the new one.
The balance is up near the head, it looks good and shaves very well!

Using the brass handle and aluminium base plate along with the brass top cap does not work at all...too much weight in the handle and not enough in the head!

Last edited:
View attachment 20488 Not really its just something I put together using the parts of my Hone razors but it works well, not as heavy as the orignal Hone but not as light as the new one.
The balance is up near the head, it looks good and shaves very well!

Using the brass handle and aluminium base plate along with the brass top cap does not work at all...too much weight in the handle and not enough in the head!
Looks better than I expected, but: No heat retention!! :eek:
What about brass top cap, aluminium base plate and handle?
The aluminum version is apparently a tad more aggressive
I'm not convinced by that. I think the extra blade feel you get from the 15a is due to the reduced weight. The extra weight from the brass 15 detracts from the blade. Or something like that... YMMV...

I'm not convinced by that. I think the extra blade feel you get from the 15a is due to the reduced weight. The extra weight from the brass 15 detracts from the blade. Or something like that... YMMV...

The other way around was far too heavy in the handle and didn't feel good at all. You are though perfectly right... No heat retention although there was some heat coming though the base plate and through to the cap but not enough.
I feel you are right about the extra blade feel due to the reduced weight, not any more aggressive but as you say YMMV

Different threads so can not put brass top cap with aluminium handle.

By the way, with all aluminium razor heads and/or handles, where the thread in either is formed in that metal, I usually put a tiny amount of clear silicon grease on it, which both lubricates and protects the thread. My main concern is that with aluminium fasteners in other non-shaving applications, I have found that threads can wear quite quickly. Unless a razor is used daily, and not rotated, I doubt this would happen in a hurry, but I work on the "just in case" principle here.

Back
Top Bottom