NEW COLOGNES FROM PRORASO

Gentlemen, has any of you tried/sniffed the new colognes from Proraso...

... like Cypress and Vetyver, Azur Lime, Wood and Spices...?

They look nice, all natural and that...

Have a good day!

I'd love to hear more too, also on the performance aspect. IMO the Proraso splashes have outstanding performance, and good-great scent but they just fade away too quick for me. I'm wondering if these new products could double as an A/S as well?

I'd love to hear more too, also on the performance aspect. IMO the Proraso splashes have outstanding performance, and good-great scent but they just fade away too quick for me. I'm wondering if these new products could double as an A/S as well?

Funny you post it. I finally ordered the three new colognes and they were delivered just before Easter. I still haven't tried them.. properly. Just sniffed them... Azur Lime seems to be lighter... the other two Wood and Cypress may have a decent staying power...

Anyway, I'll report back!

Please do! I have to say, that of the three makes I use. Proraso, Floid and Myrsol, Proraso does have the best face feel for me, but the scent and especially the staying power is a little too generic for me and I wind up using the others far more.

Then when I do splash some Proraso on, I'm always a bit surprised at the excellent skin care properties it has, but with that fleeting scent, forget about it far too soon.

I'll do of course, just be patient and bear with me, please!

I like Floid Blue face feel the most, but definitely Proraso seems to be better in the protection department. Well, Floid Blue is discontinued so...

Last edited:
Well, I have tried the three of them.... Bad news is I am totally analphabet regarding describing scents... beyond citrusy, fresh and the like...

I have tried the three colognes and they go from light (Azur) to greasy, so to speak (Cypress < Wood, this one being the greasiest, so to speak). These two seem to be similar, but not the same... some hints of spring wood (pine) can be smelled in Cypress, a warmer, silky wood in Wood. Due to that greasiness, they have a decent staying power, not so the Azur.

Azur seems right for warmer days, Cypress for spring and Wood for winter. The descriptions Proraso offers do not help really, at least to me.. I can't find the citrus in Azur, for instance, nor the mint. But the three of them are natural, and that is important.

Anyhow, I still don't know if I'd buy them again... I am just getting used to them... but although I am a 'citrus guy' it means a lot that I haven't discarded them so far...

Back
Top Bottom