New After shave Balm needed

Afternoon all,

Been looking at getting a new ASB. In the past I have been using the Nivea Sensitive skin and Proraso white both of which I like, Proraso more than the Nivea.

I am after something new for change but must be Alcohol free and for sensitive skin(don't do burn):mad::mad::mad::mad:

recently i have been using pure aloe vera gel and it's transformed my post shave feel. seriously, i won't buy another balm.

http://www.boots.com/lifeplan-aloe-vera-gel-200ml-10116044

it's not cheap but it lasts forever and the face feel is AMAZING! i think they do a 3 for 2 offer. it should be good for your sensitive skin - 99% aloe vera
Out of the 10 or so balms in my bathroom cabinet, it's Aloe Vera Gel I reach for most of the time. Fantastic stuff. I get mine from Holland & Barrett.

Other ones I rate highly are Clinique Post-Shave Soother and Myrsol Emulsion.

Hard to come by, but my favourite is Art Of Shaving sandalwood. Nicely moisturising - not greasy, no sting and a warm but light fragrance. I know there will be others you try first, but give this a go if you get the chance :)

Have been looking at the Myrsol Emulsion. How does that compare to the nivea which is 1/3 of the price!!!

Hi M, for me, with excessively oily skin, the Nivea is just like adding grease to an oil slick. It's way too rich for me, though remember I have had years of skin probs and probably the Nivea is fine for most 'non prob' skins. The Myrsol is light, quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feeling plumply refreshed.

JohnnyO. o/

Hi M, for me, with excessively oily skin, the Nivea is just like adding grease to an oil slick. It's way too rich for me, though remember I have had years of skin probs and probably the Nivea is fine for most 'non prob' skins. The Myrsol is light, quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feeling plumply refreshed.

JohnnyO. o/
I agree with JohnnyO, it's starts of like a fine cream but then you can almost feel it being absorbed into your skin then not greasy at all.

Back
Top Bottom