Nacet & Treet

I use a 1940s Gillette flat bottom Tech and had until recently been using Gillette Nacet blades and never in a million years thought of using anything else, until.......
I tried Treet blue blades, the carbon steel ones, they are much smoother, give a nice close shave and leave less irritation.

Waiting for Jeremy Beadle to appear .....o_O

Have I gone mad :)

I use a 1940s Gillette flat bottom Tech and had until recently been using Gillette Nacet blades and never in a million years thought of using anything else, until.......
I tried Treet blue blades, the carbon steel ones, they are much smoother, give a nice close shave and leave less irritation.

Waiting for Jeremy Beadle to appear .....o_O

Have I gone mad :)

Nope. I use the yellow carbon steel Durasharps and would heartily endorse them

Greetings

There's still nothing wrong with carbon blades even in this modern day, they are IMHO generally more face friendly giving a gentler less 'fierce' shave. I don't think they are quite as sharp as many of the top selling stainless blades but they are more than sharp enough to give a perfect shave. I think this applies to both DE and GEM style SE blades. They do of course have their negative side ie rusting and short life.

This statement does not apply to NOS carbon blades of any style which are hugely hit and miss and can vary between wonderful and evil!

Regards
Dick.

Greetings

There's still nothing wrong with carbon blades even in this modern day, they are IMHO generally more face friendly giving a gentler less 'fierce' shave. I don't think they are quite as sharp as many of the top selling stainless blades but they are more than sharp enough to give a perfect shave. I think this applies to both DE and GEM style SE blades. They do of course have their negative side ie rusting and short life.

This statement does not apply to NOS carbon blades of any style which are hugely hit and miss and can vary between wonderful and evil!

Regards
Dick.

Great explanation, many thanks

Nothing wrong with Treets at all. I didn't go much on the stainless Platinums but both the Carbon Blacks and Durasharps are excellent. Will last too if you spray a little alcohol on them after use.

Back
Top Bottom