Myrsol shaving cream

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
Afternoon gentlemen - can anybody help out with their opinion of Myrsol shaving cream? It's the time of year when I am being badgered (pun intended) for gift ideas by my other half. I noticed they have broadened out their range and the idea of the Formula K attracts me. It's one of my favourite after-shaves. The cream doesn't seem to get used much on sotd - so that might be an answer in itself? I've got so many good soaps that I don't want to take a punt and end up with something that'll go straight to the back of the den. Thank you if you can help - I.

I like the Myrsol Blue very much, however it is one of those which seems to divide opinions. It produces a very " creamy " lather in our soft water, rather than a foamy, ice cream type of lather, if that makes sense. I find it dense, slick, protective and kind to my easily annoyed skin. Followed up with Myrsol Emulsion it leaves the skin feeling cool and comfortable.

JohnnyO. o/

I like the Myrsol Blue very much, however it is one of those which seems to divide opinions. It produces a very " creamy " lather in our soft water, rather than a foamy, ice cream type of lather, if that makes sense. I find it dense, slick, protective and kind to my easily annoyed skin. Followed up with Myrsol Emulsion it leaves the skin feeling cool and comfortable.

JohnnyO. o/
I got Myrsol Blue cream as well, and I've tried it few times and the lather wasn't that good. Perhaps I got a duff one because mine is more like a croap than a cream and it has white granules in it!!

@Digimonkey It looks like you will be better off buy more Saponificio Varesino.;)

They are bringing out a new limited edition soap which should be available from next week in the UK......just a thought.:D

View attachment 26750

Ha ha - thanks R. - so far it's not looking good for the Myrsol. Generally - around here - love it or hate it - you'll get a wealth of opinions. Not so with the Myrsol. Not a good sign. Such great after shaves though. cheers - I.

If you are after a decent cream have a look at Fitjar. The scents are unusual but it's one of the best creams I've used.

http://www.fitjarislands.com/

Thanks R. - I'm aware of them but the prices have put me off - the company was around years ago - then disappeared - then came back again. What scent might you recommend? It's birthday time - it's not as if I have to put my hand in my back pocket. I'm slightly concerned by your description 'unusual' as to the scents. What do you mean? That being said - I've never read a bad report as to the performance of these products. cheers - I.

Thanks R. - I'm aware of them but the prices have put me off - the company was around years ago - then disappeared - then came back again. What scent might you recommend? It's birthday time - it's not as if I have to put my hand in my back pocket. I'm slightly concerned by your description 'unusual' as to the scents. What do you mean? That being said - I've never read a bad report as to the performance of these products. cheers - I.

What I mean by 'usual' is basically I can't place or describe the scent.
I only have one product by them, Havn.

Here's how they describe it:
More woody than sweet, this gentle herbal blend of smooth cedar and blooming heather is mild and unobtrusive.
Havn evokes the fleeting scent of aged driftwood, washed ashore on a peaceful morning.

I bought it direct from their site and they included a sample of their A/S balm,Slåtterøy.
It's their take on a Bay Rum, which I wasn't keen on.

I'll send you a sample of the cream. I'll send you a PM later tonight to arrange it......I just need to fine something to put it in.

I got Myrsol Blue cream as well, and I've tried it few times and the lather wasn't that good. Perhaps I got a duff one because mine is more like a croap than a cream and it has white granules in it!!
I had some which fitted this exact description. As have others! I believe it's "correct" like this. I had no issues with larger but didn't get on with the soap on feel unfortunately. This is probably partly due to user error however.

Back
Top Bottom