My NoNonsense

The inexpensive Sheaffer NoNonsense/Viewpoint pens are almost turning into collectibles these days. There are, as far as I can remember 3-4 different main 'versions' of them.
Mine is a later Sheaffer Viewpoint pen as one can tell from the dimpled rubber grip.

There are essentially three great things about these pens;
- they are often inexpensive (even the vintage ones) and can be had for about $5-10
- they are really, really excellent writers, and
- there is bound to be a nib that suits you - especially if you like italic ones.

Me, I like fine non-italic nibs and was happy to get one when I bought this demonstrator pen for about $7-8

mhzfo9.jpg

It unfortunately didn't come with any cartridges or a converter so I wasn't able to try it out right away.

Fast-forward a week and about $8 later (which was about the cost of the pen as well...), this converter (86700) arrived;
33wo0aw.jpg

It popped straight in...
9aphti.jpg

..filling it with ink from a bottle was a breeze and a few seconds later it was ready to go:
2a9cqz5.jpg

Scribbed down some stuff on today's date in my Hobo and really, REALLY liked how the pen wrote!
(The ink spots are my doing and not the pen's) :)
anfwnp.jpg

I like it! And no, I honestly haven't opened up a new tab for ebay!

It's kinda funny that the old ones (with non-dimpled grip) are becoming almost collectors items these days.
They are quite literally $2-3 pens that these days, due to so many positive reviews online, have soared to say $10 or so. :)
Most come with italic nibs. Took me quite a while until I found one with a Fine nib (which is my nib of choice) but I really love how it writes!

Back
Top Bottom