My First Shave with an Open Comb

Just as the title says, first time using an open comb DE razor. Felt very different to the closed comb's i've been using. I don't think i could use an open comb daily though obviously YMMV. Anyone use an open comb daily?

I don't watch shaving videos, so I don't know the details of your experience. But yes, I use a Fatip OC as a daily razor. I put away the MÜHLE R96 away one week ago, and have been using the Fatip again for the past few days. Continuing to use that one until I get bored again :)

A combination that works extremely well for me is the Fatip with Feather blades. Sharp and smooth, and an effortless shave.

Edit: I have two Fatip OC razors, a "Grande" and one with a walnut handle. The latter handle is my favourite.

Another good one mate! As for in-growns, I've found Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Face Scrub is great for taking off the top layer of dermis to free up any potentially ingrowing hairs. That being said, I now only ever go WTG and XTG on my neck so this has considerably reduced my issues with in-grown hairs, razor rash, nicks and/or weepers.

I found that a sharper blade with the Fatip meant you can really focus on using no pressure whatsoever and removing stubble. As Eeyore says, it makes for an effortless shave! Same goes for using a Feather Super Pro AC blade in a RazoRock Hawk!

Once you get used to it you'll be able to use it every day.
As @Steve Bowles not all OCs are aggressive, there are milder ones if you prefer.
If you haven't tried a SE yet, I think you'll be impressed. You can pick a vintage 1912 for buttons.

When I started shaving with my Fatip Piccolo, it instantly became my favourite razor. I didn't expect that, since my technique isn't that good and I have a tremor. Anyway, my razor-related wish list currently lists merely one item: a Fatip OC with a wood handle.
Regarding blade choice: I am very satisfied with the performance and comfort of Treet Durasharp blades in a Fatip.

When I started shaving with my Fatip Piccolo, it instantly became my favourite razor. I didn't expect that, since my technique isn't that good and I have a tremor. Anyway, my razor-related wish list currently lists merely one item: a Fatip OC with a wood handle.

The wooden handle is larger but also lighter than the Piccolo handle. Not sure how that would work out with your tremor.

I have the walnut handle. A Fatip Testina with a zebrano handle is on my wish list.

Yes, the weight is something to consider, regarding my tremor. I'll probably be able to sell it for a reasonable price, if it doesn't work out.
Yes, I wonder how many razors Joris still sells, now that those Fatip handles are available.

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Back
Top Bottom