Moving on

So I've had a few shaves with a shavette using de blades. Enjoying it but finding the blades are flexing which is no good. Fancy having a go wih a straight.

Any decent beginner set ups i can get from maybe amazon for cheap?

Last edited:
I suggest that you put a thread on Buy and Sell section, telling that you want to buy a Straight razor as a beginner. Make sure you mention that the razor is Shave ready so you don't have to hone.
@Fergiebilly and @pugh-the-special-one may have one for you for sale.
Alternatively and depending on your budget you can buy a vintage Straight razor and get it honed.
I have a Couple of Nice Vintage SRs or a Brand New Current Chinese ZY Razor or a Gold Dollar if You are Intersted PM Me..They have Superb Edges & Ready to Shave from the Box..Freshly Honed..:)

Billy

So my razor arrived yesterday from @Fergiebilly and I put it to the skull tonight. Took ages, little bit of razor rash but nothing ro write home about and had to clean quite a bit up with my trusted 34c.

No cuts or weepers so a success. Chalk and cheese compared to the shavettes. Bit weird, felt not as sharp but a hell of a lot more stable to use.

My paddle strop has been crafted and will be sent out on Monday so hopefully have it by mid week and can have another blast of the straight. Merkur in the meantime.

Thanks for the suggestions and help etc etc much appreciated. And thanks again to @Fergiebilly, absolute gentleman was a pleasure. Feedback has been left

Back
Top Bottom