Monsavon Shaving Soap

I have just had some Monsavon soap arrive from Retro, (always a great service from them) The cost of the soap was £2.99, used it for the first time tonight and I very pleased with the performance. Lather's really well and in short order. It performed as well as some of my more expensive soaps and will be in my rotation and I shall be buying more, in short a soap that punches well above its weight.

Saw it in Le Clerk for 0,99€ - pass edit by, though, as it'd be dry before I got around to using it.

If I'm holidaying for a few weeks in France in future, mind, I'll pick it up on the first day and use it throughout.

Greetings

I had the same result as Mike Brownington, in that after the first pass my face started to tingle and burn. I stopped straight away and washed it several times in cold water and the sensation went away.

I consider myself fortunate in so much as it is very rare any shaving products cause me a problem, but this was one. A real shame it performs really well and is dirt cheap.

Regards
Dick.

I wonder if this has been reformulated... I had some stinging sensation when I used it last year for a bit.
It was back in 2009-10 when I got my hands on it and used it quite regularly. It worked a treat. Hence my suspicions...

Back
Top Bottom