Merkur vision

If the Chinese attempted to make a vision clone, this is news to me. AFAIC, the head is bulky like the Futur which makes it difficult to shave in some areas. I don't like the Futur as it doesn't agree with me, YMMV of-course and I think the Vision is no different.
A good collectable razor though which I wouldn't mind having for a rock bottom price.

If the Chinese attempted to make a vision clone, this is news to me. AFAIC, the head is bulky like the Futur which makes it difficult to shave in some areas. I don't like the Futur as it doesn't agree with me, YMMV of-course and I think the Vision is no different.
A good collectable razor though which I wouldn't mind having for a rock bottom price.

I'd certainly be in for one. After the success of the Futur copy I bet they are looking for their next project. But with the Futur wasn't there some hint that the patent had run out ? Can't see Merkur letting that happen or being any too pleased about the copies. But it must be incredibly hard to action a patent against a Chinese firm running up copies.

Last edited:
Yes, I have read that the patent run out that's why the Chinese took it up. I also think and I stand corrected that the patent of the Futur is the same as the vision because the mechanism, also the heads are about the same.
If the Chinese come out with a Vision, I'm in for one.

Yes, I have read that the patent run out that's why the Chinese took it up. I also think and I stand corrected that the patent of the Futur is the same as the vision because the mechanism, also the heads are about the same.
If the Chinese come out with a Vision, I'm in for one.
The Chinese are a bit slow then. The German patent for the Futur expired in 2003 (20 years after application).

Back
Top Bottom