Merkur and other slants: blade life?

Very simple question. I find that blades do not stay sharp as long in my 37c compared to a standard DE Razor: is this common with slants and anyone know why?

I purchased a 37c last year, and have found my 37c tends to slice my stubble rather than cutting it straight off.This is my personal theory of why the blades don't stay sharp as long,as they do in normal DE razors.

..I've got a huge amount of blades 500+ and counting, so it doesn't matter what blade i use for my shaves, aggressive or non aggressive , two (3 passes+ pick ups shaves) then it's binned regardless..This is one of the reasons i purchased my 37c, because it's efficient, and also i can use up all my Derby extra blades & other non-aggressive blades of which i wouldn't have used and left to one side in my large DE blade collection.
I find that non aggressive blades work excellent with agressive razors & vice versa..My thoughts anyway..hope it helps.

Last edited:
I've just started the week with my 37C after a long lay off; blade I'm using is the Lord Platinum. I expect a blade to last the week if it's a 'keeper' so we shall see. First shave very good: three passes for a bbs.

Back
Top Bottom