Lush

Strangely enough I used Lush cream for the first time a few days ago. A tub of Prince from an electric shaving mate who got given it as an unwanted gift.

It's a brushless cream so just needs to be applied by hand. From what I've seen online, the Lush creams have a pretty bad rep, but my experience was largely positive.

You just need to look at it in a completely different light from "standard" creams/soaps; you won't get masses of lather (none at all, in fact) and the biggest drawback is that it can be quite messy to apply.

In terms of providing lubrication, it does this in abundance; and considering this is one of the chief purposes of a cream, it gets a big tick here. And the post-shave feel is superb, the only time I haven't required a balm following a shave. The scent was pleasant enough, but nothing special.

In short, if you can live with no lather and cleaning your razor once you're done, it's a pretty good product. Just don't expect it to be like your standard cream/soap fare.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely enough I used Lush cream for the first time a few days ago. A tub of Prince from an electric shaving mate who got given it as an unwanted gift.

It's a brushless cream so just needs to be applied by hand. From what I've seen online, the Lush creams have a pretty bad rep, but my experience was largely positive.

You just need to look at it in a completely different light from "standard" creams/soaps; you won't get masses of lather (none at all, in fact) and the biggest drawback is that it can be quite messy to apply.

In terms of providing lubrication, it does this in abundance; and considering this is one of the chief purposes of a cream, it gets a big tick here. And the post-shave feel is superb, the only time I haven't required a balm following a shave. The scent was pleasant enough, but nothing special.

In short, if you can live with no lather and cleaning your razor once you're done, it's a pretty good product. Just don't expect it to be like your standard cream/soap fare.. :)

+1

In order to buy the cream, you got to go to Lush, forget entering that shop, I have to hold my breath while walking pass the shop!! I am surprised how the people working in that shop don't pass out due to that awfully strong smell?

Ive ordered online....

Going to give it a try.

In order to buy the cream, you got to go to Lush, forget entering that shop, I have to hold my breath while walking pass the shop!! I am surprised how the people working in that shop don't pass out due to that awfully strong smell?

I actually made it into the tiny store they have at Waterloo, only to be pounced on by an assistant a yard inside, then have to open a wooden drawer to even find the shaving stuff. Too much hassle.

Toooooo many bad reviews....got the delivery today and sending it straight back on Monday. The only good reviews i can see is on their website [emoji1]
Oh well....ordered two new phoenix & beau soaps [emoji85]
Just couldn't help myself.

[QUOTE="...only to be pounced on by an assistant a yard inside...[/QUOTE]

That 'pouncing' thing gets me every time. Even though I've experienced it many, many times. I was so startled once, that I shouted out loud in surprise. Of course, the staff are acting on orders - to 'assist' customers in their buying decisions, i.e. to sell more stuff. This is retail.

I personally found their shaving products absolutely awful. But I do like their moisturisers. I don't like the prices, though.

Back
Top Bottom