Long gone Scotish whiskey brands...brought back to life

Stratheden closed down in 1926...so it's surprising, to say the least, to see this being offered;
201604139_the_lost_distillery_stratheden_original.png

The explanation is the Lost Distillery company
"In the last century, almost one hundred of Scotland's malt whisky distilleries have been closed or destroyed.
This accounts for nearly half of all distilleries that have ever existed in Scotland.
As a result of all of these factors, many unique and venerable brands have been lost to the world. Until Now"

From what I can gather they seem to do it 'the right way' - meaning actually buying up the rights to the brand and then carefully reproducing the blend (note: these are distilleries that have been closed down for 100+ years so I would call this more of re-imagining than re-creating the brand) - down to storage method.

Brands they have "brought back" (zombie whiskies?);
Stratheden
Auchnagie
Gerston
Jericho
Lossit
Towiemore

Their re-introductions of these brands have been met with a full range of comments. One of the more critical, yet rather amusingly written, stated:
"Ultimately, The Lost Distillery is the Renaissance Pleasure Faire of the Scotch Whisky world – yes, you may get some of the sights and sounds of the times, but it's a theatrical re-interpretation that may have very little to do with the reality of these lost distilleries' malts.

@Fergiebilly may have heard of - or had - some of these ;)

Last edited:
Stratheden closed down in 1926...so it's surprising, to say the least, to see this being offered;
201604139_the_lost_distillery_stratheden_original.png

The explanation is the Lost Distillery company
"In the last century, almost one hundred of Scotland's malt whisky distilleries have been closed or destroyed.
This accounts for nearly half of all distilleries that have ever existed in Scotland.
As a result of all of these factors, many unique and venerable brands have been lost to the world. Until Now"

From what I can gather they seem to do it 'the right way' - meaning actually buying up the rights to the brand and then carefully reproducing the blend (note: these are distilleries that have been closed down for 100+ years so I would call this more of re-imagining than re-creating the brand) - down to storage method.

Brands they have "brought back" (zombie whiskies?);
Stratheden
Auchnagie
Gerston
Jericho
Lossit
Towiemore

Their re-introductions of these brands have been met with a full range of comments. One of the more critical, yet rather amusingly written, stated:
"Ultimately, The Lost Distillery is the Renaissance Pleasure Faire of the Scotch Whisky world – yes, you may get some of the sights and sounds of the times, but it's a theatrical re-interpretation that may have very little to do with the reality of these lost distilleries' malts.

@Fergiebilly may have heard of - or had - some of these ;)
The Commercial Whiskey Factory's in Scotland are Owned by USA Gold..Trump will soon find that out soon enough when Hilary gets the Pot of Gold..;)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom