local neighborhood garage sales

Hiya,

Here in the Denver area the weather's been mostly sunny and warm for the last 3 weeks and jeeez, the home owners selling stuff on their lawn or on tables has been pretty nuts as far as lots of big numbers. They start on Friday and go through Sunday but not everyone participates all those days. Best part is there's usually a bunch of neighborhood communities all getting together with the sidewalks loaded with sellers and the buyers prowling the streets. Been fun, especially with prices normally being extremely reasonable.

I will ask about any old shaving crap but people don't have anything like that or they're not selling it for sentimental reasons like it was their great great great grandfathers or sompin....heh. Best part for me is rolling up to a sale and yelling to the sellers about shaving crap and when they say no I just stay in the car and drive on. Musta asked over 100 people with zero luck, until Saturday when I ran into a woman who had a Fatboy and superspeed in nice shape that her (not husband any longer) found with a metal detector somewhere. Bought em and have been using the Fatboy a bunch. My favorite year and month of all things, an E4. Crazy, but I have had 5-6 of those year Fatboys and they all give me the best shaves. Lucky find, with me not having a backup once again till now.

Whew, enough verbosity, although I meant to ask if you Limeys and other Foreigners experience anything like this in large numbers?

Martin

So many Fatboys and Darwins have cropped up in our garage sales that most of us jist shines them on now, Merton. In truth I wouldn't pay more than, maybe, £7 or £8 for a really pristine cased example.
Keep taking the tablets and don't invest in any drained swampland suitable for condo building.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom