Let’s Talk About Post Shave Routines…

bvP5JPth.jpg

So, let's talk post-shave routines for a minute. These are the steps that I go through after every shave. This might seem completely overboard for some of you, but I can tell you that my skin isn't complaining one bit. So…

1. Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads. I started using these pads last year & have seen a massive improvement in my skin overall. They're great for removing any traces of soap, which was why I tried them originally, but more importantly the ingredients help to exfoliate, soothe & moisturise all at the same time.

2. Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner. Not going say a lot on this product, but for me this also removes any left over soap & leaves my skin feeling soft & squeaky clean.

3. Proraso Eucalyptus Pre-Shave Cream. I have been using this stuff for years now & it's fantastic. Love the refreshing feel to the skin after a splash of cold water.

4. Vichy Homme After Shave Balm. I prefer balms over splashes & this one is great at soothing my skin after a shave.

5. Anthony Vitamin C Facial Serum. I recently started using serums & I particularly like this product from Anthony. It's lightweight & penetrates deeper into my skin, plus it has loads of benefits.

6. Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturiser. This is the best moisturiser I've come across (& believe me I've tried a lot). It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed & hydrated!

7. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution. I've been using this serum under my eyes for about three months now & I can definitely see a difference in terms of dark circles.

These are the products I'm currently using, but I do change my balms & moisturisers on a daily basis depending on what I want to use there & then.

Recently I seem to have settled on two post shave routines. They're not perfect but they are working well for me.

1. wipe off soap residue with a towel and apply some Thayers Witch Hazel Toner (alcohol free). Then after a minute apply Aloe Vera Gel and after that my aftershave or fragrance.

2. Wipe off soap residue, apply Thayer. Then Nivea 2 Phase, and after that fragrance.

I find I will use 2. if I am using an EDT or Cologne. If I use something like Myrsol then I would go for 1.

I am not one for balms, I find them a bit much for my skin, and feel no real beneifts. I do enjoy La Toja balm but I'd only use it with the splash and cream. I have not used a balm since the turn of the year. If it is a harsh winters day I do on occasion use Rockface All Weather Moisturiser but I will see this winter if Aloe Gel takes its place.

Aloe Vera Gel has been a revelation to me post shave routine.

I tend to keep it simple, also. Usually I'll chuck on some witch hazel, regardless of whether I've nicked myself. If it's worse than witch hazel can manage, I'll rub on some alum and leave that on while I dry my brush (lol) and rinse off thereafter. A couple of times I've showered immediately post-shave and that's worked alright for me also. Witch hazel would be rinsed off in the same manner as alum.

Will sometimes chuck on a dab of Argan oil all over my face/neck if I feel I need it, or some Cetraben if my skin is particularly dry (though mainly reserve that for hands).

I like to keep it simple:
  • Rinse with LOTS of cold water
  • Aloe Vera Gel or occasionally a non-greasy after-shave balm instead (Myrsol, Clinique Post-Shave Soother, Lab Series, ...)
  • EDC or EDT if I feel fanciful

Greetings

A dollop of Astral cream soft , the stuff in the tube. At the minute I am trying out Simple replenishing moisteriser, both of these are three quid but regularly reduced to two, I like them both, the simple contains no alcohol.

Regards
Dick.

bvP5JPth.jpg

So, let's talk post-shave routines for a minute. These are the steps that I go through after every shave. This might seem completely overboard for some of you, but I can tell you that my skin isn't complaining one bit. So…

1. Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads. I started using these pads last year & have seen a massive improvement in my skin overall. They're great for removing any traces of soap, which was why I tried them originally, but more importantly the ingredients help to exfoliate, soothe & moisturise all at the same time.

2. Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner. Not going say a lot on this product, but for me this also removes any left over soap & leaves my skin feeling soft & squeaky clean.

3. Proraso Eucalyptus Pre-Shave Cream. I have been using this stuff for years now & it's fantastic. Love the refreshing feel to the skin after a splash of cold water.

4. Vichy Homme After Shave Balm. I prefer balms over splashes & this one is great at soothing my skin after a shave.

5. Anthony Vitamin C Facial Serum. I recently started using serums & I particularly like this product from Anthony. It's lightweight & penetrates deeper into my skin, plus it has loads of benefits.

6. Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturiser. This is the best moisturiser I've come across (& believe me I've tried a lot). It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed & hydrated!

7. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution. I've been using this serum under my eyes for about three months now & I can definitely see a difference in terms of dark circles.

These are the products I'm currently using, but I do change my balms & moisturisers on a daily basis depending on what I want to use there & then.
Greetings Ross

Bloody hell, if one is to believe the adverts namely that this stuff makes you appear younger, by this time next month you'll be back in the womb! :D

Regards
Dick.

Shave, cold rinse, brush the remainder residue cream back on to my face (God knows why, but I do), another cold water rinse, Witch Hazel, leave to air dry and then a decent moisturiser or balm (L'Occitane Cade being the fad of the moment).

Warm water rinse then Thayers.

I found warm instead of cold water (for me) helps alleviate the pain I used to experience with stubble break through.

Back
Top Bottom