Lea Shave Stick(New Rormula)

Recently I received a new formula (non tallow) Lea Stick. The packaging is exactly the same as the previous one apart from a little, half white half red New Formula writing round label. This latest formula does not contain tallow and has subtle, clean, fresh and aquatic kind of scent. Keep in mind this is not an artisan soap so the scent is weak compared to them. The soap is not as hard as the previous one, so it is bit softer but not as soft as Arko, I mean you won't be able press it in a bowl.
I used it this morning and generally speaking the lather was good. However if I have to compare this to the previous version(tallow formula), the lather wasn't as slick, thick and cushiony.
As a result, this new formulated Lea Stick is good but the previous version was better, simply produced better lather.
My suggestion would be; If you guys come across to the NOS previous formula, grab some because by the looks of it another Legendary product gave up the ghost.

Recently I received a new formula (non tallow) Lea Stick. The packaging is exactly the same as the previous one apart from a little, half white half red New Formula writing round label. This latest formula does not contain tallow and has subtle, clean, fresh and aquatic kind of scent. Keep in mind this is not an artisan soap so the scent is weak compared to them. The soap is not as hard as the previous one, so it is bit softer but not as soft as Arko, I mean you won't be able press it in a bowl.
I used it this morning and generally speaking the lather was good. However if I have to compare this to the previous version(tallow formula), the lather wasn't as slick, thick and cushiony.
As a result, this new formulated Lea Stick is good but the previous version was better, simply produced better lather.
My suggestion would be; If you guys come across to the NOS previous formula, grab some because by the looks of it another Legendary product gave up the ghost.
I feel fortunate to have one of the old tallow formula sticks after reading this, and I'm going to enjoy using it :)

Noooooooo:( ! The tallow stick was superb!! Would you be so kind @Sezer1974 to post a picture of the new formula stick just so I can identify new vs old formula? Thank you in advance!!
I just can't load pictures here, they are always too big so this site won't let me or in other words I'm bit useless when it comes to computer stuff but I will post the link. There is just a small round label saying 'new formula' apart from that they are same.
http://gemstonetrading.co.uk/lea-new-formula-50gr-shaving-soap-stick/

I am not overly impressed by old (formulated in 2012?) tallow Lea , performance is ok but scent is not doing it at all for me!
I understand. To be honest I like that clean soapy smell like Arko, Derby etc.. I agree and compared to some other soaps the scent wasn't that exciting and special but the performance was good in my opinion.

I chucked one of these on my order of some blades from Gemstone. Not received it yet, but I think I read that this new formula was a revert to the original tallow recipe? I may be wrong, I have been known to be, from time to time. Still at £1.89 it's worth a try as I've read good reviews of Lea soap.

I chucked one of these on my order of some blades from Gemstone. Not received it yet, but I think I read that this new formula was a revert to the original tallow recipe? I may be wrong, I have been known to be, from time to time. Still at £1.89 it's worth a try as I've read good reviews of Lea soap.
Yes exactly to that price definitely worth a try, It is not a bad soap I just think the older formula was better.

Just to confuse matters - I have two Lea sticks in front of me, both bought by myself in Spain in the last six months. One of them is almost identical in packaging to the picture posted from Gemstone by @Sezer1974 except at the bottom of the tube on mine it says '+ gilicerina y lanolina' and not 'original' as in the picture. Checking the ingredients mine is definitely tallow. I have another that has different packaging - the Lea logo is vertical and not horizontal - again - it's 100% a tallow formulation. I do wish Lea would stop pissing about with the formulations - I believe, having read so, that they have done the same with the Classic range. I far prefer the tallow versions. I have a fair stock so it's not yet a crisis for me. cheers - I.

Just to confuse matters - I have two Lea sticks in front of me, both bought by myself in Spain in the last six months. One of them is almost identical in packaging to the picture posted from Gemstone by @Sezer1974 except at the bottom of the tube on mine it says '+ gilicerina y lanolina' and not 'original' as in the picture. Checking the ingredients mine is definitely tallow. I have another that has different packaging - the Lea logo is vertical and not horizontal - again - it's 100% a tallow formulation. I do wish Lea would stop pissing about with the formulations - I believe, having read so, that they have done the same with the Classic range. I far prefer the tallow versions. I have a fair stock so it's not yet a crisis for me. cheers - I.

Totally agree with your sentiments..I am confused as a few vendors are stocking the original version. On the LEA website there is no mention of tallow or not..

Greetings

It's about as confusing as you can get, three years ago in the supermarkets in Fuerteventura all the Lea sticks for sale had been re-branded Bea, it only lasted one year, now they are all back to Lea, I too have had two differently designed Lea holders but both with Tallow clearly written on the ingredients list. It's all a great big f**k up!

Edit:- Lea's website does not list the ingredients anywhere, either in Spanish or English.

Regards
Dick.

Right then gents..which is tallow and which is not???

New formula picture:

uw0D7QI.png

Back
Top Bottom