This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Le Savon des Volcans Mint & Petit Grain Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by longplay, Saturday December 2, 2017.

1. longplay

longplay

My final summary was:

A bit of a mixed bag with this, and I wanted to like it.

It was easy enough to lather, though often required some water to get the best out of it and offer up a good coating.

The slickness and protection felt fine, but weren’t outstanding and I picked up nicks on most of my shaves. This suggests it wasn’t performing a particularly stellar job.

The claim seems to be the addition of the donkey milk (you read that right) helps with the post shave feel. I can’t say this stood out compared to other products I have used that lack it. Apparently the mint is supposed to have a mild cooling effect too. Can’t say I noticed.

Then there’s the fragrance. It’s incredibly weak to start with, which may come from the unique combination. I struggled to pick it up a any point.

For all that, it provided me with good shaves, a few even a step above that, or close to it. It certainly wasn’t a product I dreaded using, but equally it’s not one I’d re-order.

Full review here.