La Savonnière du Moulin 'donkey milk' Shaving Soap

G'day TSR,

Has anybody tried the La Savonnière du Moulin 'donkey milk' shaving soap as the US call this the 'Ass Milk', I'm told the lather is incredible very rich and creamy, the slickness is somewhere between fantastic and great and the post shave feel somewhere fantastic which I'm unable to prove. This soap comes in a 100g size hard puck see picture below and comes in two different scent, normal and unscented shaving soap and they last a very long time because I'm thinking about buying some in my Den.

SDM_003__12521.1434072439.1280.1280.jpg

Savoniere-des-moulins-07.jpg

Last edited:
G'day TSR,

Has anybody tried the La Savonnière du Moulin 'donkey milk' shaving soap as the US call this the 'Ass Milk', I'm told the lather is incredible very rich and creamy, the slickness is somewhere between fantastic and great and the post shave feel somewhere fantastic which I'm unable to prove. This soap comes in a 100g size hard puck see picture below and comes in two different scent, normal and unscented shaving soap and they last a very long time because I'm thinking about buying some in my Den.

It is a great soap I have some in the form of a shave stick and it is well worth a punt, forget about having ass milk on your face in the morning, just try it. I love mine. Looks like a cheese in that container! :)

@Blademonkey please tell me your experience about the La Savonnière du Moulin lather, slickness and post shave feel
Lather is very good, the slickness is ok but could be better, not as slick as my OSP and post shave leaves skin feeling soft and hydrated. I would buy when I run out of what I've got. :) go on get some ass milk on yer face! :)

Last edited:
Just bought some in a ceramic pot from The English Shaving Co. after trying a sample from Shavedash - suffice to say i was extremely impressed, particularly by the lather and moisturising qualities. The scent is pleasant but subtle enough to pair with any aftershave - a top tier soap for me.

Reactions: Len
It is a very good soap, think Mitchells Wool Fat but much better. A neutral scent to it, the lather is very rich, slick and gives a superb post shave feel. If you buy it get a small container to store it in, the box is a very thin wood and isn't that clever. I kept the lid for SoTD purposes.

The video linked in another post is a different donkey milk shaving soap, Le Savon des Volcans, also a good soap Used some on Sunday. Of the two go for the Moulin. You won't regret it.

I went ahead and bought it from the English Shaving Company in UK for 99p International shipping delivered to Australia, I had to choose two soaps so I don't have to pay full shipping cost for one soap I'm looking forward to have a crack at this donkey milk shaving soap soon.

1 - Dr Harris Windsor Shaving Soap Refill
1 - La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap (donkey milk)

I went ahead and bought it from the English Shaving Company in UK for 99p International shipping delivered to Australia, I had to choose two soaps so I don't have to pay full shipping cost for one soap I'm looking forward to have a crack at this donkey milk shaving soap soon.

1 - Dr Harris Windsor Shaving Soap Refill
1 - La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap (donkey milk)

Somehow I feel that "crack" and "donkey milk" should not be mentioned in the same breath. :eek: :D ;)

G'day TSR,

I have this production of donkey milk soap (I believe the "Volcans" stick is another manufacturer) and I love the soap. The price per gram of the La Sanonniere (~£20 for 100g) is up there with the likes of MdC and PC Nu (~£40 for +200g).

I find the soap dries very hard between shaves and blooming the soap is essential to getting a good loading of product, but once the brush is loaded it quickly turns to slick protective lather, and of course the showpiece of the soap is the post shave feel... A+

It is a very good soap, think Mitchells Wool Fat but much better. A neutral scent to it, the lather is very rich, slick and gives a superb post shave feel. If you buy it get a small container to store it in, the box is a very thin wood and isn't that clever. I kept the lid for SoTD purposes.

The video linked in another post is a different donkey milk shaving soap, Le Savon des Volcans, also a good soap Used some on Sunday. Of the two go for the Moulin. You won't regret it.
I have a small sample of the Moulin you sent me a while back along with the savon des volcans shave stick, I have used the volcans and liked it very much, so tomorrow I will be using the Moulin sample you gave me and hopefully will like it enough to order a puck of it, will keep you posted :) Yes I know I don't need anymore soap and yes I did say that I was going to have a break from buying shave related stuff but it's got donkey's milk in it! Do I need anymore reason? :)

I have a small sample of the Moulin you sent me a while back along with the savon des volcans shave stick, I have used the volcans and liked it very much, so tomorrow I will be using the Moulin sample you gave me and hopefully will like it enough to order a puck of it, will keep you posted :) Yes I know I don't need anymore soap and yes I did say that I was going to have a break from buying shave related stuff but it's got donkey's milk in it! Do I need anymore reason? :)
Hope you enjoy the sample, the last person I sent one to had to get the soap, hoping I keep my100% record. Look forward to seeing your thoughts on it. Do we ever stick to bans? I don't! :D Starting another ban from Monday...

Back
Top Bottom