Keeping count of blade use / smartphone app

I know that some people use dice to keep count of how many times they have used a razor blade.

I'm currently using an app on my android phone called 'Thing Counter'.

It's very useful for knowing how many times I've used a particular blade in a razor. As well as how many shaves I have gotten out of a soap.

Quick, easily customisable, and easy to use.

Here's a screen grab from my phone;

32977941860_838453db17.jpg

On the other hand, I load a blade, use it 'til it feels like it's going downhill and then bin it.

So do I, but it's always useful to know how many shaves it lasted.

Or how many shaves you get from a particular soap or cream.

Or you can even use the app to keep track of how many uses it took to break in your boar brush nicely.

Just an idea.

Haha I don't really keep track, bin the blades after four uses or so or sooner if I don't like them.

But I do like the looks of that app, probably come in useful for other things!

Haha I don't really keep track, bin the blades after four uses or so or sooner if I don't like them.

But I do like the looks of that app, probably come in useful for other things!
How do you know when you get to four uses? There's no way I can remember cycling through a couple dozen razors.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I only have two razors in two different places and work three or four days in a row then have three or four days off so I start with a fresh blade every new work or off cycle!

3 and its binned
Uh yeah but the whole point is keeping track of when you get to three when you've got a bunch of razors. I've got a dozen injectors I cycle through (with a dozen other SE and DEs) with blades you can't remove to mark to track usage so this app is useful.

Now if you have one or two razors and can't count up to three maybe you shouldn't be trusted with sharp things .

I know that some people use dice to keep count of how many times they have used a razor blade.

I'm currently using an app on my android phone called 'Thing Counter'.

It's very useful for knowing how many times I've used a particular blade in a razor. As well as how many shaves I have gotten out of a soap.

Quick, easily customisable, and easy to use.

Here's a screen grab from my phone;

32977941860_838453db17.jpg
I tried using 'ThingCounter'. Problem was that I have half a dozen injector razors and I couldn't tell which brand of unmarked injector blade was in which razor and how often it had been used. I'm now reluctantly using a spread sheet - I can't stand spread sheets. One of these months I'll have to write my own app (not my first.. done it before), but the spread sheet pain is not big enough yet...

I tried using 'ThingCounter'. Problem was that I have half a dozen injector razors and I couldn't tell which brand of unmarked injector blade was in which razor and how often it had been used. I'm now reluctantly using a spread sheet - I can't stand spread sheets. One of these months I'll have to write my own app (not my first.. done it before), but the spread sheet pain is not big enough yet...
Why not just edit the item to incorporate blade type (ie Schick A Personna)? Still seems better than a spreadsheet. I'm just getting started but that's my plan.

4d15d748a5f598300f60638f198bc887.jpg

Why not just edit the item to incorporate blade type (ie Schick A Personna)? Still seems better than a spreadsheet. I'm just getting started but that's my plan.

4d15d748a5f598300f60638f198bc887.jpg

The spread sheet now gives me other information a simple counter wouldn't and that cater to my curiosity, like 'when did I last use a straight razor?'. I'll need an app. When I get some time...

The spread sheet now gives me other information a simple counter wouldn't and that cater to my curiosity, like 'when did I last use a straight razor?'. I'll need an app. When I get some time...
Fair point. I find this handy enough to live with such limitations.

I've used a counters app on my iPad, but kept forgetting to update it. I reverted to using a miniature abacus, in combination with a couple of mechanical counters. I sometimes get out of step with the latter, as I also use them for other counting operations e. g. teeth on sprockets, links in cycle chains etc.

Back
Top Bottom