Kapo Classic Shaving Cream

I don't recall many shaving products from Bulgaria, not sure if that's because they don't make many or we don't get them, but here's one:

I'd heard about Kapo (pronounced Karo) as it's often talked about in league with other budget creams like Ingrams, Palmolive and Arko. It's not widely available in the UK but a few sellers stock it.

I wonder if my tube had dried out a little as it was very dense and firm for most of the shaves but seemed to become more like other creams on later shaves.

Building a lather was a challenge on the first couple of uses, but showing it a good amount of water and a brush with some backbone seemed to help (or it may be the cream was less dry as my testing went on).

Slickness was generally good, though I seemed to pick up nicks, albeit small ones, each time, no matter the blade.

I couldn't find much about it online, so I can't say what the scent profile is supposed to be. To me, the fragrance was vaguely floral, but more a suggestion of an ingredient than any attempt to add specific enhancement. It's a little industrial but not unpleasant.

Once I got the hang of it, shaves were generally pretty good. I never reached the heady heights, but it did a more than adequate job. The price means it offers pretty good value too (though the tube is smaller than others in the same price range).

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom