It might have been ...

... @Shipwrecked or @Father Ted or someone else who sent me two different Gillette Superthins along with other goodies along with the item I had bought. Please forgive my appalling memory but please identify yourself. I made a mental note because the two different blades were clearly important but as is the way with mental notes and me ...

I shaved with the first of the two this morning and what a beautiful blade it is! Super fantastic, sharp and smooth. I used it in a Pills 101 and had a DFS in two and a BBS in three - except for a bit on my right jawline that I overlooked. A superb blade!

At a guess, one of the blades is Turkish and the other Vietnamese and I really would like to know for sure. I gotta get myself some of these! Monkey well placed, sir!

IIRC one batch are Thai ans one batch Vietnamese - the ones with the more colourful wrapper are the Vietnam made blades
te6aje2u.jpg

Many thanks, Father Ted - both for getting back to me and for a wonderful shave yesterday - and again today with luck! Now to dig out my Super Thin stock and see which I need to buy - both, I suspect.

Still having one tuck of the Vietnamese market blades I decided to try one again today as a friend wants to try one of the few I have left and I had dug them up out of storage. As in the past, it starts out rough with lots of tugging, but this time I 'gutted' it out and decided to continue on through the entire shave. Surprisingly, it got smoother. Now mind you I don't mean Russian Gillette smooth, but tolerable. However, the shave was not a good one. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom